━━ v. sister life

chapter 5— sister life { 2x04 - Deny, Deny, Deny }{ 2x05 - Bring the pain }

chapter 5
sister life
{ 2x04 - Deny, Deny, Deny }
{ 2x05 - Bring the pain }

DENYING WAS RUBY MOORES FIRST INSTINCT. Denying that she has a biological family, denying that her real mother gave her away, denying that Meredith Grey is her sister, denying that her life is turned upside down.

The next week Ruby catched up with her new sister. They talked for awhile with tequila shots and a pack of cigarettes for Ruby. Ruby also made the others swore that no one would ever find out about this. She didn't want to be treated differently and now that her mother was in the hospital, it wasn't easy.

Derek's reaction was, well, how can you put it? Shocked? No, not enough. Astounded.
At first he laughed, not taking it seriously as Ruby stood in front of him with a frown. Then he looked unsure as she didn't laugh along. And then he just stared for a very long time. Ruby stared back hoping for an answer.

What the hell?"

*

After checking on some pre ops, Ruby made her way to the nurses station and drank her warm cappuccino. Her eyes drifted around the floor and fixated on a certain dreamy looking brown haired man.

Derek was sitting in a conference room with his divorce papers unsure whether to sign them.

„What are you doing?"

He looked up and his blue eyes met Rubys.
„Divorce papers. I'm unsure, Ruby, what if this is all a mistake?"

Ruby pulled out a chair and sat next to him. „Only you know the answer to that. The only thing I can do is be there for you, with every decision you may make."

„Don't you want the best for Meredith?"

„Yes, but I don't know if it's you." She answered honestly. „But this is about you, Der. Either of what you do it will change everything. As much as I love Addie, you two have been trough so much. Just think about yourself for a second and decide what you want."

*

911 - Cristina
Ruby ran trough the floors after smoking a cigarette outside. Meredith met her and their both made their way to the patient room.

„What the fuck is going on?" Ruby asked as she saw Izzie, George and Cristina's mother in front of Cristina's bed. The woman was sobbing loudly.

„I can't stop. I can't. I can't stop—"

Izzie cut her off. „Crying. She can't stop crying."

Meredith looked shocked at the scene. „I can see that! What did you guys do to her?"

„Nothing!"

George said. „She's going to dehydrate.
Cristina do you want some water?"

Cristina shook her no, still sobbing. „No,
no."