Movie! Tails x Neko! Reader *Request*

Requested by the lovely FavActionGirl

Plot: It's thunderstorming outside and Tails is scared. Y/N the neko comforts him.

This takes place after the events of Sonic 2 movie! Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------

Today was bad weather outside. It was also night. Everyone was asleep except for 1 Mobian. Yes, Tom and Maddie, the humans, were peacefully sleeping together while Sonic shared a room with Tails and Knuckles, which they didn't mind at all. But today, the weather warned about the storm coming tonight. And the same Mobian was scared of thunderstorms. Meet Tails, or his real name Miles Prower. He was a cute genius fox with a big heart of gold. Even though he was a hero, each hero can carry a fear within them. Tails was scared of thunderstorms.  He had that ever since he was a small child. He still was a child but was close to entering his teenage years. 

Tails also had a crush on his human neko friend named Y/N, the adopted daughter of Tom and Maddie around Tails' age. She had cat ears and a tail. It was so cute to Tails that he had the urge to touch them but he didn't want to make Y/N uncomfortable. He was such a cute caring fox. 

Tails was right now shaking in his bed while sharing a room with Sonic and Knuckles. The hedgehog and the echidna were dead asleep but the fox was not. He had the blanket over his head to hide but it wasn't helping. He nearly let out a yelp when a thunder strikes again in the sky. He shakenly poked his head out and his ears were hit with the sounds of the pouring rain outside. He shakenly got out of the bed, wearing no gloves and only socks but since he got out of the bed, he took his gloves and put them on. 

He quietly opened the door that led downstairs and climbed down. He nearly screamed in terror as the thunder struck again. He even nearly fell down the ladder stairs! He caught himself quickly. Once he was down, he quietly went to Y/N's bedroom and opened her door softly. Tails forgot that since Y/N had cat ears, she could hear things very well. Her ears perked up once she heard her door softly open and sat up with a yawn. Tails stopped in his tracks, scared. 

"Tails? What's wrong, love?" Y/N asked in a carrying tone. She was worried once she saw a scared Tails. 

Tails felt himself slightly blushing at the nickname she called him. It gave also the fox hope that they might end up together as a young couple. They were both quietly mature being close to entering their teenage years. "I-I'm scared-" he yelped and dashed towards her in fear when the thunder struck. He jumped under her covers and cuddled up to her. 

Y/N jumped a little when the thunder struck but she blushed a little at the close contact Tails made with her. She laid back down, rolled onto her side, and turned her lamp on. Y/N wrapped her arms around the fox and he snuggled deeper into her. 

"Better?" Y/N asked softly.

"Y-Yeah." The fox blushed while smiling shyly and yawned.

Y/N used her closest hand that was cupping his fur head to stroke it gently. Y/N was not only like a caring sister to the Mobians but in Tails' eyes, she would make a perfect girlfriend. That is if she had a crush on him as well. And I mean Tails. He felt himself purring and it felt so good to him, the stroking on his fur on his head, I mean. He sighed in bliss but then took all his courage to ask Y/N. "Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"W-Will you... be my girlfriend?"

Y/N's eyes twinkled in happiness. Tails saw that. The girl was indeed in love with him but was too scared to show it, even telling someone like her one of her adopted parents, Tom or Maddie. No, she didn't tell anyone about this. She kept it for herself and it was eating her alive yet she managed to fight it off. 

She smiled lovely at him. "Yes, Tails. I'm honored."

Tails cheered inside in victory. Finally, the girl of his dreams was his, only his. They looked happily in love at each other and nuzzled their noses together. Y/N reached to turn the light off and it was off, she and Tails cuddled into each other's arms and fell asleep. This time, Tails wasn't scared as he felt safe in Y/N's arms.