𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Yes." Enid and Grover said at the same time.

"No way..." Percy slowly approached Mr. D's desk, followed by Grover and Enid who stayed close to him. The boy cleared his throat. "Excuse me, Your Highness?"

Enid closed her eyes, desperate for Percy. "Oh boy."

"I think my dad may be around here somewhere. I don't know how to ask for him. I don't- I don't even know his name. But i think i should see him. I just...I think i really need that right now." Percy avoided Mr. D's gaze, becoming more and more emotional in his words. "Can you help me ?"

Mr. D kicked his feet off his desk and sat back in his chair, taking a serious tone before speaking to Percy in a soft voice. "Actually...I think i can. Son."

Enid was taken aback by his response. She looked at Grover who was as confused as her, narrowing her eyes.

Percy frowned, as surprised as them. "Dad ?"

"Yes, Peter."

"It's Percy."

"Exactly." Dionysus said. "Now, before we get to know each other, there's something very important i want you to do for me, okay ?"

Percy nodded as Mr. D continued. "In the galley, there is a bottle of 1985 Château Haut-Brion. Will you go fetch that for me ?"

Enid closed her eyes desperately. Percy frowned again. "Is that really all you have to say to me ?"

"Hey, um, Mr. D, even if Percy was-"

Grover got cut off by Mr. D. "Uh, uh, uh, bup! Grover, quiet, please. This is a nice moment, don't ruin it."

"Seriously ?" Enid whispered as she rolled her eyes. "Has alcohol gone to his brain or something ?"

"The galley is right down that path. Grab that bottle and i'll talk to you about whatever you want." Mr. D said to Percy. "You know, uh...you, uh...me, who cares ?"

The three children glanced at each other. Grover exhaled softly and Percy sighed before starting to walk towards the door. But he quickly stopped when he saw a centaur coming. Enid smiled when she recognizes Chiron.

"Percy." He said after a small moment of silence.

"Mr. Brunner ?" Percy said, confused.

Grover walked toward them, Enid following him. "Uh. Mr. Brunner's real name is Chiron. Camp activities director."

"Immortal trainer of heroes." Enid added, leaning in to be part of the conversation.

Grover smiles at her. "Yeah, he is-"

"Children, thank you. I'll take it from here." Chiron cut them off. He turned his attention at Percy. "Percy, this must be a lot for you to process."

"Oh, no. Its- It's fine. I mean, you're a horse-"

Enid discreetly nudged him in the arm as she whispered to him. "Don't be disrespectful."

Percy whispered a small 'sorry' back as he turned his attention back to Chiron and continued. "My father won't talk to me unless i get him a drink. Well, this all seems totally normal and reasonable."

"Oh, no, no, no, no. No." Chiron cut him off. "Mr. D is not your father."

Grover and Percy turned to Mr. D as Enid tried to hold back her laughter. "Yeah, really surprising."

"I could be." Mr. D shrugged as Enid rolled her eyes at him.

"Yes, but are you ?" Chiron asked him rhetorically.

Mr. D complained, rolling his eyes.  "Why must you ruin everything ?"

Chiron groaned softly as he turned to the three children. "Mr. D knows that Zeus has forbidden him from consuming alcohol. And that demigods are able to do things for gods that gods are forbidden to do for themselves. Mr. D was taking advantage of that."

Percy glanced at Mr. D who just shrugged innocently.

"Percy. Walk with me and we'll start again. Hm?" Chiron said. Enid and Grover started to follow them when Chiron stopped them. "Give us a moment, please."

Chiron and Percy left. Grover joined Enid who was watching them through the window. He sighed. "This doesn't feel right, Enid."

"What, success ?" Mr. D laughed. "You got the boy to camp alive. Don't overthink it."

"Yeah, but it's..." Grover sighed again as he stopped himself from talking.

"Yeah, great. Goldilocks is alive, but we're still useless." Enid complained, crossing her arms over her chest.

Grover looked at Enid for a moment before returning his attention to the window. Enid clenched her jaw as she rushed out of Mr. D's office. She heard Grover shout her name, but she didn't turn around. She simply walked towards the archery targets, where she spent most of her time practicing.