[S1E3]Onboarding Process

Start from the beginning

Each of said shards glowed various colors. A majority of them were grey but there was also a crimson and a golden shard. Y/n stroked his chin as he looked at each of the shards before deciding to live in the suspense a bit and move towards the grey shards first. Approaching one, he was only met with a reflection of himself within the shard. His head tilts as he touches the grey shard. It cracks further before it then shattered and flowed into him. He takes the strangeness of the situation in strides as he touches each of the grey shards, repeating the process for the rest of them.

Eventually he finishes off the shards, feeling a strangeness in his body, though he brushes it off to focus on the final two mirror shards. He then proceeded for the crimson one first. His gaze washes over the mirror shard and much to his surprise something different looked back. It was still him but different. Their expression was more sadistic and they wore an oddly skimpy outfit... one that reminded him of Yu-- Raynare. He touched the shard expecting the same thing, only to be met with it reforming into a crimson ticket of sorts with three weird markings beside the scrawlings which read, Y/n The Fallen.

He then turns towards the golden one and approaches it with a small bit of excitement and anticipation for what may come of it. Gazing into the mirror shard he was met with yet another stern and commanding gaze. The Y/n that stood before him had much longer hair, a pipe in his mouth, and what appeared to be a captain's uniform, interestingly he had a harpoon peg leg. Their hands met and just like with the previous mirror shard it broke away into a ticket. Though it was golden rather than crimson, it had the same strange markings, and upon the ticket read out Captain of the Pequod Y/n.

The moment he received the golden ticket the ball of snaking chains quickly fades away. Y/n is thrown off by this and tries to reach out for it but fails, his hand grabs at not but air. He clicks his tongue in annoyance before sighing. "Guess I won't figure anything out from that. What about these though? What do I do with them?" He thinks aloud as he looks at the two tickets he holds in his hand.

TICK TICK TICK

"Ah I see," He responds to the ticking clock in understanding. "I got way too used to this way too fast..." He mumbled as he held up his left arm. A black book with a red train marked on its cover appeared, floating before him. Chains shot out from the book and wrapped around his left arm before the book opened up. On the first page was two rows of four card sleeves, totalling eight. One of the sleeves was already taken by a card resembling him and wrapped in chains as to prevent him from removing it. His card looked exactly like him in every detail. It had the same markings as the other two tickets at the top right corner of it, though it had only one marking.

"What does that even mean?" He continues his outward thoughts as he taps at the card mindlessly. An even smaller book appeared, chained to the previous book. On it there was a full page piece of him with his full name and the marking displayed above him. On the page opposite of it was what read as skills, each one locked. "Still useless I see..." He closes the small book, it disappears in a puff of smoke. He then flipped the page of the main book to find both pages had three rows of five slots perfectly sized to slide a ticket into them.

He slots the two tickets in. He then unconsciously taps the tickets, forming a pair of cards with the same two variants of him from before. "Why did I die and end up in some weird gacha limbo..." He mumbled as he flipped back to the first page and slotted in two identities. He feels a strange force wash over him as he does so.

Outside Y/n's mind, which he has mistaken for a gacha limbo, Rias wiped her brow as she sighed in relief. "I didn't expect to have to use all of them to save him. I hope he's worth it," She mumbled for slapping herself. "Damn it Rias. You need to stop thinking like that." She chastised herself for giving into her instincts for a moment. After doing so, she used magic to scrub the surroundings of any trace of battle. She then takes the unconscious teen into her arms and begins to make her way back to the old school building the ORC is based in.

Upon arriving back at the building she quickly brought him upstairs and into one of the many repurposed rooms, this one a bedroom. She lays him down, takes a moment to feel up his chest, and tucks him in before leaving. She enters the ORC's meeting room, after remembering to put on a new shirt, and calls the other members of her peerage. After Akeno, Koneko, and Kiba arive. Yumi Kiba, much like the rest of the members of the ORC was a beauty. Long blonde hair, ocean blue eyes, a sizable five foot eleven inches in height, and a bust that rivaled Akeno's.

Rias gets down to business. "First things first, one or more Fallen have found their way into Kuoh. Secondly, I've only learned of the presence of the Fallen in spite of our negligence thanks to coincidence and unfortunate circumstances. Y/n Liu, the recent transfer student," Akeno and Koneko perk up with slight worry. Koneko's expression shift ever so slightly as Rias continued, "was attacked and nearly killed. Had he not by some stroke of dumb luck had my summoning flyer that was handed out by my familiar earlier that day he would have been found dead, having bled out in the park. Luckily i've saved him, he's resting in of the bedrooms here."

There was a pang of guilt in her voice as she paused momentarily. Though it was alleviated somewhat as Koneko's mood shifted positively. "That being said, I unfortunately had to take drastic measures and he's now a member of the peerage."

"That's not too bad is it?" Kiba asks. Her tone wasn't dismisive just confused. "You made me your knight when I was on the brink too didn't you?" Akeno and Koneko nodded, remembering their own situations and how Rias had helped them.

"While true, you were conscious and willingly accepted the bindings of a peerage. With Y/n however, he was already unconcious by the time I was summoned." She blushed as she remembered the very recent events and her bad ice breaker. "I acted in haste and forcefully brought Y/n into the fold. He is a member of the peerage but not by choice. On top of that I had let my instincts get the better of me and used all eight of my pawns to reincarnate him after his body rejected the attempts with and two pawns."

"You used all of them Rias?" Akeno asked with a worrisome expression.

"Yes. All of them. I not only reincarnated him nonconcensually but at the same time I see his potential and staked a rather large claim in him. And as you all know, once you're the member of a peerage there's no breaking free of servitude to your master." Guilt washed over Rias as she continued to speak. "I'd love to say I didn't have a choice but I could've called you to me Akeno. I just didn't want to take the risk and let him die."

"Well," Akeno thought of a way to reassure Rias before she continued to speak, "There's no use in wishing to change the past. You just need to make due with the present and work towards a better future. I'd say you should talk to him and work for his forgiveness and even if he denies such things work for it still even if its just to give yourself peace of mind."

"Akeno's right. Sides, you saved his ass. Even if it's eternal servitude he should be happy." Kiba added, though a bit more haughty than intended.

Koneko doesn't say anything and just shrugs at Rias. She hadn't anything to say.

Rias smiled thankfully. "Yeah you're right. I'll work on that." She takes a moment to recollect herself, "Now onto the matters of the fallen. I want all of you on high alert and to go out to patrol the area tonight. See if you can catch anything while I ensure Y/n's reincarnation process is going smoothly. You all are dismissed." With that she stands up and leaves after hearing them affirm her orders.

She reenters the room Y/n was sleeping in and thinks for a moment before undressing herself and getting into bed with him. Her nude form hugging his body as she unconciously begings to spoon with him. "I'll make it up to you I promise. In turn, I hope you'll use whatever strength you have to aid me. I don't want to marry him..." She mumbles her last words as she drifts off to sleep while casting more healing magic. She was exhausted in more ways than one, leading to such a quick slumber.

Elsewhere, in the moonlit night, upon the window seal of an old forgoten church sat the fallen angel Raynare. The girl staring out and towards the moon with a sense of longing.

Author's Notes: The story is finally moving somewhere! I do hope yer enjoyin the direction i'm takin it. And yes, Kiba got gender bent for my story. Is she part of the all but mandatory harem for a DxD fanfic? Who knows! You'll have to find out later maybe perhaps.

Anyways... got much to say so the usual it is. Tips, Tricks, Ideas and Criticisms are welcomed and encouraged! And please please please, I can not stress this enough, feel absolutely free to ask me questions and just comment on my work. It both helps and means a lot to me!