1 : warm brown eyes

Start from the beginning

He only married me because he felt guilty about rejecting me twice. He's just too good-hearted to intentionally hurt me any further.

I didn't know what to do? What was i going to do Now? Should i just pretend I didn't hear anything but how?? How could i live with him knowing this? Knowing he just pities me. I couldn't do that.

With each sleek glide, the pain in my heart intensifies. I push myself to glide faster, raising my back foot smoothly.

The emotions overwhelmed me. A tear rolled off from the corner of my eyes. I felt myself loosing balance and almost falling.

You are not gonna cry Ayezah! You are strong. Stronger than you think.

No tears Ayezah! Hold yourself together.

Get a grip of yourself.

My mom's word ranged in my head and i immediately balanced myself and wiped off the tears which slowly started cascading down my cheeks with the backside of my palm.

I was standing straight when i suddenly felt a sharp pain in my chest. I lightly tapped my chest and then sat down on my legs, well, not completely, because I had my skates on.

I took deep breaths, calming myself down, gulping and rubbing my face with my palms.

— ★

I arrived at Rahil's mansion, and it was almost past midnight now.

As Rahil had previously told me the password to his door, I unlocked it and entered his absolutely stunning cozy mansion with two floors, which was made mostly of glass.

My coat was hanging on my hand as I made my way to the living room. There, I saw Rahil sleeping on the couch. I reached into the pocket of my coat and took out my phone, noticing numerous missed calls and texts from him.

Did I make him worry by disappearing just like that?

Clutching onto my snowflake pendant, I bit my lower lip.

Slowly, I made my way towards Rahil and kneeled in front of him. He was sleeping with a frown on his face, as if he had been exhausted but resisted sleep. However, he had eventually fallen asleep.

I couldn't help but gaze at his gorgeous face. His long, beautiful curly lashes rested on his cheekbones, complementing with his perfect eyebrows. His full, dark pink lips made me gulp, and my heart raced. I lost track of time as I just gazed at him with my heart thumping loudly.

It was hard to look away, and suddenly, he opened his eyes, catching me off guard.

" Ayezah!! where the heck were you?? I called you so many times and even texted you! Do you realize what time it is? What were you thinking before vanishing just like that? Do you have any idea how worried I was? I couldn't even reach your dad because it's freaking midnight! " He yelled slightly, jumping up from his seat.

" I had no clue where you were, and I couldn't just wander the streets like a maniac. Well, actually, I was about to do just that, but I thought you were a responsible woman who would come back soon or atleast call me or text me back, so I waited. But how could you be so irresponsible? " I slowly stood up too.

"Answer me! Where were you?" he demanded. I found myself staring into his warm brown eyes, feeling a huge lump forming in my throat.

I gulped, feeling my vision blurring and things infront of me rotating slightly. I shut my eyes, and opened it again to clear my vision.

"I'm exhausted. I'm just gonna go get some sleep," I managed to say, gesturing towards the room behind with my hand.

"But-" he began, but I quickly interrupted him.