Chapter 19- It doesn't add up

Elizabeth pov

Andre had booked the Brasserie Balzar French restaurant so that we all could meet up and have dinner and discuss our wedding plans.

Even Maria had shown up.

"Maria?".

"Lizzy, Mami, lo siento Perdoname, por favor, lo siento mucho".

"Okay Maria, English please"

She pulled me into a hug.

" I am so happy for you Elizabeth, you finally set the date".

"Thank you Maria, but where have you been".

"I was with my mom and Mrs. Stiff face over there ordered me to be here not be late".

"Maria!"

She burst out in laughter.

"So you have been with your mom all this time, I try calling you".

"Lizzy, Mami, let's not talk about this now okay, we have some wedding planning to do".

"Have you spoken to Jacques?".

"No, I came here on my own".

"But".

"Elisabeth listen, I know there nothing going on between you and Jacques okay, I know you only have eyes for Mr. Stiff face over there. I'll talk to Jacques after dinner, let's focus on your wedding details".

"Okay".

She pulled me towards the table.

"Maria, I know I invited you here, but if you don't let go of my wife I'll send you back through the doors".

"Oh shush Andre".

"Did she just such him, my aunt and Andre's step mom both said in laughter".

"I like her".

Mrs. Sanderson why she chuckled harder.

We all sat down at the table, and I couldn't help noticing how Maria and Jacques can not take there eyes off each other.

The waiters brought out a bottle of their finest champagne and immediately Mr. Sanderson stood up to make a toast.

" I just want to say congratulations to the future Mr. And Mrs. Sanderson. I am happy and grateful that this date has finally set and that my son has made the right choice in finding the perfect wife. Elizabeth, this family have always welcomed you and your family with open arms and now that you will be officially a Sanderson in a few weeks, I am hoping to get some grand kids".

They all cheered in agreement with the grand kids part of the speech.

"To the Sanderson's"

"Thank you Mr. Sanderson".

My aunt stood up to make a toast.

"Andre, you are an amazing person to my dear sweetpea, since her dead passed, I've never seen her happier until the day she met you, you have been so kind, and helpful this family. We appreciate all the aid you have even us, but more importantly we appreciate you being a of our lives. Welcome to the family".

"Thank you".

Andre thank my aunt and bowed his head.

"Okay, okay, my turn".

Maria stood up to make her toast

"Elisabeth, Mami, thank you for being such a good friend to me, even when I go all Loco, you are still a best friend to me. I am sorry for all the hurt I've caused you I couldn't have asked for a better friend. And to you Andre, thank you for loving and caring for my Lizzy the way you do".