good afternoon

I continue staring at Marcus. I bet the rest of the others are, too. I'm just looking at him because he's hot. The others are probably staring at him to size him up. To find his weakness. I already know his weaknesses. Saya and Maria. He's lonely. Any girl will do to fill that void in his heart

It's kind of pathetic, actually. He just wants love and would give anything for it. Anyone would. As if it it'll fix all of his problems. He stares at Maria, looking oh so in love. I try not to smile. It's funny. Maria has a boyfriend. Chico. He's scary. I don't think he wants to know about him.

The bell rings. Class is over. Oh. Lunch time. I start walking to the cafeteria, getting some food, and walking to the cemetery. It's a cool place. All the punks, goths, and alternative kids hang out there. I smile and walk over to Lex, Billy, Willie, and Petra.

"Hi guys!" I chirp, glad to see them. I eat a bit of my sandwich. It tastes like shit but, it's food.

"Hey, Y/N." Billy says with a smile as he helps me up on the shed we always sit on.

I look down at the graveyard. I see Marcus and I smile. "There's our newest rat. He'll fit in nicely." I say to Petra. She giggles a little before looking down at the new kid as well.

He looks up at us, and I smile at him. "Good afternoon, orphan," I yell at him, giggling. "Wanna hang with us?" I ask him, holding out a hand to help him climb up. He smirks. Oh god. I love that smirk already. And those eyes. They're dark, almost black.

Lex and Billy talk about a new assassination they're sent on. I turn around to them, being the nerd I am. "Did you guys know Shakespeare invented the word assassination?" I question as I grab the joint from Willie and hand it to Marcus. "Tough first day?" I ask him, my eyes probably big from having to look up at him.

"You could say so." He answers, looking at the joint and taking a drag.

"Did Brandy give you a hard time?" Willie asks. Willie's a big African American guy, but he's a really good friend. Some people say he killed 5 gang members who had killed his dad when he was only 12 years old.

Marcus seems confused and looks at me. "That girl that asked if you were Mexican." I say to him, looking at him as if he's stupid. He probably is.

"Oh," he let's out. I roll my eyes as I take another bite of my lunch. I'm hungry, okay?

I decide to poke fun at Marcus. I smile slyly and poke his shoulder to get his attention. "So, what do you think of Maria?" I ask him, Petra giggling behind me, her gothic makeup pretty as always. He looks up from the joint. "She's pretty. Very pretty." Why did that hurt? Why couldn't I just laugh it off. I smile at him. "She sure is."