Prologue

POV: Darling
Daring and Dexter—after knocking because they're supposedly nice to me—barged into my bedroom. Daring wore some jackets over some diamond-print sweater, dark blue jeans, blue and yellow shoes, and some stupid-ass crown. Dexter wore his usual black glasses, a similar crown holding up his hair, a dark blue jacket over some white polo, his pants were brown, and his hoes were probably dark brown brogue shoes

"Oh, cousin!" He called out. I hate being reminded that I'm their cousin and not part of the main family. "Wakey, wakey! Dad is going to be so furious if he finds out you're not awake."

"Then, let him." I yank the blanket on top of me and hope to go back to sleep.

"We know you hate our dad, but it's important!" Dexter tried to convince me to get out of bed. I won't budge. Let the man be angry—he hates me, I hate him—and if it ends with him kicking me out, I'd be glad. Maybe Aunt Red would take me in.

"Is he finally kicking me out?" I asked, slightly pulling down the sheet.

"No, but you're not going to live under his roof anymore if you get up." Daring answered, and I immediately got up. Finally! I can leave this awful house—er, castle!

I got myself ready. A white blouse and a blue vest should suffice, along with dark blue jeans and black brogues—which were a hand-me-down from Dexter.

Heading downstairs along with Daring and Dexter, we arrived at the dinner table—well, breakfast table—and we all sat down. I sat somewhat far from my uncle. He didn't bat an eye at me and started talking.

"I assume you all know why you're all here early in the morning. It's in regards to your new school." He says, his elbows on the table—and he tells us not to put our elbows on the table.

Also, is there a new school?

He explains that the new school that we were all going—kinda surprised I'm also attending this school—was a school he went to as a teenager. It was called Ever After High, and we were supposedly going to follow our parent's or parents' destiny—he batted an eye at me with a grimace on his face.

"Daring, you'll be the next Prince Charming when you arrive at Evr Ater High. Dexter, I'm not sure, and as for you... Darling Chérie-Charmante..." He says slowly when mentioning my name.

If you haven't figured it out, I'm Daring and Dexter's cousin—Prince Charming's niece, technically. My mom was disgraced and disowned, but when she died, my uncle—Prince Charming—took me in as a sympathy bait for the townfolk.

And I'm pretty sure Chérie-Charmante is just 'Darling Charming'—a name that would've suited me if my mom wasn't removed from the family lineage— in french—or italian!

"You... I guess you'll just be a princess," he groaned. "or whatever. As long as you get out of my castle." Fair enough, I guess. We were going to leave around 7 since the place isn't too far. We all leave to get our things ready.

There was good in this and bad in this:
Good, because I don't have to live under my uncle roof any longer.
Bad because I have to be some petty prince's princess.

Or not. Who knows and who cares? Out of—my uncle's—sight, out of mind.

I packed the essentials: A sword—okay, I know I said essentials but what if this 'petty prince' of mine is a beast?; the diary Daring and Dexter got me for my birthday last year—it was blue with a ridiculously large 'NEVER STOP ON ACCOMPLASHING YOUR GOALS!' quote in white ink; a few clothes, some books, some "magazines"—I'm not what you think I am, I swear!—that my unce got to make me more "feminine", and then I was done.