[S1E1]Starting Line

Start from the beginning

Rias Gremory, the most popular girl in Kuoh Academy was looking at him. Her long red hair flowes through the wind as their gazes remain locked upon one another. She then waves at him. He mirrors her instinctually before she leaves his sight and disappears further into the building.

"R-r-rias waved at you!"

"Why did a bastard like you get her attention?!"

"It's not fair!"

The duo cried out in anguish. Y/n answered their cries with several cracks of the kendo stick, using just a bit more force than he did with Issei as he hides a light blush that formed on his face after their interaction. 'It means nothing.' He thought as he laid the beating on thick.

"Akeno who was that just now?" Rias asked as she sat back down in her seat and took a sip from her cup of tea.

Akeno Himejima, Rias' right hand, the second most popular girl in school, and somehow even bustier than Rias hummed before responding. "That would be Y/n Liu. He's a recent transfer student that's made a name for himself to some extent. The student body had recently started calling him the Lazy Genius due to the way he conducts himself in spite of his his grades always placing top five."

"You know more than I was expecting..." Rias chuckled candidly.

"Koneko is friends with him. That and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a fan of him." She mused with a subtle blush as she thought about the few times she caught sight of Y/n discipling the Perverted Trio. "Though why are you asking about him?"

Rias thought for a moment before responding. "Curiousity really. The way he holds himself, he may be an excellent candidate to join the ORC."

Akeno smiled, "I'm sure Koneko will enjoy that."

We return to Y/n as he leaves the school as he began to walk home. "E-excuse me..." A meek feminine voice called out to Y/n, snapping him out of his mindless walk home. His focus returned as he looked at the woman, a black haired beauty in an unknown school's uniform. "A-are you Y/n Liu?"

His brow quirked as he surveyed the area in search of any visible cameras before he responded. "Yes and you?" Safe to say he was incredibly skeptical of the situation at hand. 'Who is she? Why is she talking to me? Me of all people?'

"A-ah! I'm Yuma Amano! P-please just call me Yuma. I'm new to Kuoh and i've heard from some of the girls at your school that you're a gentleman so I had hoped you could show me around a bit..." She responded, her voice shaky. She was pressing the tips of her fingers, had a light blush, and was attempting to avoid eye contact.

'This isn't real. I'm being pranked. This is a trap made by my brother...' Y/n's thoughts quickly spiraled towards one clear and obvious situation to him so he answered accordingly. "Sorry but i'm new around here too. I ain' gonna be much help." His tone was annoyed and hurt(?) as he attempted to brush past her, only for her to grab ahold of his hand.

"W-wait please! In truth I really like you. Like, really really like you." Her stutter dropped as she tried to desperately keep him around.

Y/n scoffed, "I don't know how he found me but you can tell that asshole that i'm not falling for his trap again. He can't use the same trick twice." He growled out as he yanked his hand away and began to stomp off. Yuma ran ahead of him and threw her hands out in an attempt to block his way. "I'm not afraid to hit a woman miss. Please, whatever he's paying you it's not worth a black eye. It'd ruin your beauty." He mentally chided himself for complimenting her even now.

"I... I di-didn't even know you had any siblings. I just saw you on my walk home from school one day and and and it was love at first sight! P-please believe me!" She cried out as she wiped away a tear as she was a dam near ready to burst.

Y/n falters. "Let's say I believe you. Why me of all people? There's so many more people much better than me?"

"Why does that matter? I like you not them." She said with a sniff.

'Too good to be true... too good to be true...' His loudest thoughts screamed. Though in spite of this, they failed to drown out the ounce of hope still within the teen. "I'll be free tomorrow. Meet me at the town square at say... half past eight? We could get breakfast."

In an instant she threw herself onto Y/n and wrapped him in a surprise hug that shocked him frozen. She thanked him several times over before running off with an animated wave. He remained still for a moment, attempting to rationalize the situation at hand. He's actually got a date... he continued his walk home, an incredibly small smile set across his face.

Though, had he stuck around longer Y/n may have noticed the smell of blood in the air. For you see, hidden just under the bridge was the corpse of Issei Hyoudou, a spear seemingly made of light plunged into his chest. This date may bring forth something far worse than anything his brother could come up with...

Authors Notes: Hey there. It's been a minute. Life has been busy but i've recently got an ich to write again. Still got some mental blockage so I chose to start writing a different book rather than forcing myself to continue with something that'll eventually make me hate writing it again. I've not much to say about things other than that.

I hope to keep on a weekly or at the very least bi-weekly upload schedule this time around.

Oh! As a side note please please please lay off the Rias hate for this story. This isn't one of the many abused/neglected/betrayed wattpad series that alter her beyond reconition.