Chapter 10 - The Weekend Begins

Start from the beginning

"How long?" you asked curiously.

Seungcheol put his hands in his pockets as he looked up at the men snacking. "For humans? It might have been about a calendar year. But to us-." He motioned between himself and the rest of the group. "But where we're from, we've been waiting for them to come back for about 100 years."

--------------------------------------

The tension between Joshua and Jeonghan seemed to drop after their brothers left, Chan and Seokmin saying their goodbyes. You watched as Seungcheol stood in front of Joshua and Jeonghan, arms crossed. You had a full view of his back, broad and defined under his white shirt as he spoke.

"Don't play around anymore." He said, eyes darting to Joshua. "Finish what you have to finish so you come back."

"Yeah," Joshua said.

"Try not to let your feelings get in the way. If not for yourself, then for us." Joshua didn't respond to Seungcheol's comment this time, only avoiding his eyes. "See you soon."

"See you soon," Jeonghan said, waving him off. Seungcheol approached you as well, smiling.

"Sorry, we came unannounced."

"It's ok." You assured. "It was short, but they seemed happy to see you." Seungcheol smiled once again. "You can come back if you want. If you can..."

"Can we?!" Chan gasped, eyes wide in excitement. "We should. We can get some good food together. That would be fun. We can bring everyone next time. Jun and Hansol, and Minghao too." You smiled at Chan, nodding in agreement.

"Hopefully, this will all end soon enough and we won't have to. But we'll remember the offer." You nodded, bowing one more time, this time, Seungcheol kindly returned the bow himself. "Alright, let's go." He said, motioning the others out. You watched them head out, waving one last goodbye before finally closing the door. As you locked it, you rested your head against the door, letting out a deep sigh.

"Are you okay?" You heard Jeonghan ask. When you looked over, you smiled.

"Yeah." You said. "I'm glad they came to see you. They must care."

"They do." Jeonghan nodded. "They want what's best for us." He offered a brief side glance at Joshua, who simply nodded quietly.

You clapped your hands together as you turned to face them. "I'm going to get some rest. Finals are getting closer." You pushed past the duo, making your way into your bedroom. Before you made your way inside, you turned towards them. "Need anything?" Both angels shook their heads in refusal.

"No." They said together.

"Okay. Night." With a gentle wave, you headed inside, closing the door behind you. When you heard the muffled sounds of the duo getting settled in for the night, you pressed your ear to the door.

"I cannot believe you had them come down for all this," Joshua said, still surprised.

"I didn't know what else to do. I was hoping they could knock some sense back into you. Please be careful now, okay?" You heard Jeonghan's voice say gently.

"Whatever." You frowned, unaccustomed to Joshua's seemingly passive and annoyed tone, waiting a moment to see if they would continue their conversation. You were hoping some of the very large gaps in your knowledge would be filled the longer you listened. However, the TV turned on low, and it became the only noise you heard beyond the door. Sighing, you made your way to the bed and crawled inside. You rested your head on the pillow, feeling a familiar bump in the fabric. Reaching your hand, you pulled out the taser you so long ago had pointed at Joshua. You quickly set it in your bedside drawer and curled up under the covers, falling asleep within minutes.