𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

FOUR| TRUST ISSUES

FOUR| TRUST ISSUES

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾★━━━━━━━

THE TEAM WERE GIVEN ORDERS by Captain Hunter to break into the Pentagon to steal a file that is known to have Savage's whereabouts. Lana was informed she had to stay behind for this mission, so she used this time to attempt to fix her time courier. At this point, she was over the past and wanted to head back home to her time. It was clear she wasn't gonna be able to make any progress with her father. He was cold and distant. He didn't like her nor did he trust her. The harder she tried to get to know him, the farther he pulled away from her. This whole trip was a waste of time.

Lana examined the broken time courier carefully. Thankfully, some of the pieces were still intact and not completely destroyed. The only problem was Lana didn't know much about the technology behind time travel or much about technology in general. Her aunt Zari would usually handle all the couriers and the Waverider itself.  She should have paid more attention when she hung out with her in the lab.

The doors of the lab opened and Evelyn wandered into the room. Lana glanced over her shoulder expecting to find Rip but was surprised to find her mother. She assumed that the team must of got back from their mission. The former forensic scientist smiled at her, and Lana returned her smile shyly. She then turned her attention back to the pile of scrap on the desk.

"Any luck?" Her mother asked.

"Nope," she replied defeatedly.

Evelyn walked up to Lana. "May I?" She asked Lana for permission to take a look at the damage. Lana gestured lazily to the broken device, and Evelyn observed the time courier from beside her daughter.

Lana studied her mother. It was odd how the energy between them was so different now. This was still her mother...just a younger version of her. Her mother was like her best friend. They shared everything with each other no matter how uncomfortable it was. Well...everything besides her father. It was too painful for Evelyn to talk about Leonard, so Lana eventually stopped asking. But now that Lana is a stranger to her in this time, being around her was uncomfortable. She felt on edge around Evelyn and she didn't like it.

"Good news is it's not too bad," Evelyn told her trying to be optimistic. "You should have Raymond take a look. Technology was always his forte."

Lana nodded her head considering her mother's suggestion. "Yeah, maybe I should ask Ray."

Evelyn smiled brightly. "But right now, we're needed on the bridge."