A New Cycle

From now on.....

The META group, especially Bismarck META, have quietly left the battle. The reluctance on Bismarck META gently passing the unconscious Tirpitz on Bismarck's arms still rings in the latter's mind.

"........"

It's impossible to ignore the silent grieving on Bismarck META's gaze as she slowly distances herself from her normal counterpart.

"She can finally rest and return to who she used to be....." Bismarck META turns away
"Are you truly fine with this?" Bismarck secures Tirpitz in her arms
".....My sister died a long time ago. I just wasn't able to let her go"
"......"
"Even if I don't want to get involved with her life anymore, I'll still be here if she ever needs me....and I hope she doesn't" Bismarck META glances at the unconscious Tirpitz
"You......" Bismarck's expression softens
"Don't look at me like that. I simply accepted her death and chose to move on. I gave back your sister. That's all there is to it....." Bismarck META slowly moves away again
"......."
"Don't lose your sister this time"

Bismarck META noticed the Royal Navy kansens approaching and chooses her parting words carefully. She tips off her cap and stares at Tirpitz resting in Bismarck's arms one last time before turning to the other direction.

"I hope you can live a long and happy life this time"

Even if Tirpitz can't hear her in her current state, Bismarck META leaves those words for her sister with a warm and gentle smile, seconds before she hurriedly takes her leave from the scene. She's worried she might get more sentimental and stay longer.

..........
..........

Ever since the issue with the group of the METAs is considered resolved and closed for now, Bismarck worries about Tirpitz now. It's been four hours since they returned to the base, but Tirpitz remains in a comatose-like state.

"What exactly happened, Bismarck?" Friedrich der Grosse sits beside her
"Bismarck META chose to move on and gave back my sister the only way she knows how"
"Give back your sister?"
"It's as if Tirpitz META never existed. Her lingering consciousness is destroyed, so this isn't a case of amnesia"
"The META and normal versions are - I think I have the gist of it, but to think Bismarck META will take the drastic measure of destroying memories rather than suppressing it"
"If it's just suppressed, then Tirpitz META will eventually resurface and she doesn't want that anymore. She wanted to be put to rest for good after all......."

Bismarck stares at the ceiling, still puzzled and lost at how someone who once wanted to take over the body now grew tired of her life and wished to pass on peacefully. The META counterpart had no fear or regret as her consciousness is slowly fading away, but there is a hint of sorrow in her smile.

"Restrict any information about Tirpitz META to ensure Tirpitz won't accidentally discover about her existence" Bismarck firmly orders
"Lock the information just in case, huh"
"If she finds out she was once a META, she might not handle it well and she'll recert to her METAmorphosis state"
"What makes you say that?" Friedreich der Grosse tilts her head
"My body is the normal counterpart but the wisdom cube is the META counterpart. It's that the META state is dormant after the META's consciousness got erased. Under extreme stress, she'll return to being a META and I don't want to ruin her new chance in life"

Bismarck imagines the initial state of Tirpitz META, a version twisted by the incomplete reanimation and controlled by desire for revenge. There's no guarantee it will be the mellowed out META, so Bismarck doesn't want to risk repeating the incident.

"If the META manifests again, it will alert Bismarck META and I'd be in conflict with her again. She willingly left Tirpitz in order for her to leave peacefully and I promised myself I'll keep her safe this time" Bismarck's hands tense
"Fufufu. You've grown into a protective and caring older sister"
"I'm both a leader and sister. Both requires me to be there for everyone"
"Right now, Tirpitz needs you to be there for her. You have reliable subordinates to delegate your duties after all" Friedrich der Grosse winks
"How will I talk to her? Tirpitz won't remember anything that happened even the incident a year ago"
"I think it's best to seek her opinion"