Apple Of My Eye // S.S. • ღ

Summary: You've been getting headaches for a while — far too long for Sebastian’s comfort, and he can't help but worry.

————————————

Sebastian was positively, utterly, completely freaking out.

Sitting on the couch in the Common Room, he stared at the fireplace musingly, his hand tapping rhythmically on the armrest. He was pretty sure Ominis was on the verge of grabbing that hand and severing it from his wrist if he didn't stop soon.

He didn't care.

The only thought swirling in his mind was her — and how, just a few minutes before they had parted ways, she had pressed two fingers on her forehead, wincing slightly.

Sebastian couldn't stand it anymore.

He had spent the past two weeks with her, studying together for their upcoming N.E.W.T.s, carrying her books around, soothing her with small kisses whenever she began to rub her tired eyes, and watching helplessly as she took painkillers after painkillers. He had tried to reason with her and tell her that taking so many potions everyday wouldn't be good for her health in the long run, but she wouldn't have it, insisting that she was fine. It broke his heart.

"Sebastian, if you don't mind, can you still your hand or have you suddenly caught that one muggle disease that won't let you stop moving?" He heard Ominis' sarcastic voice next to him, and it snapped him from his thoughts.

"Perhaps I did catch that," the brunet grunted back.

Sebastian's movements didn't cease as his friend dearly wished, and the blond only sighed tiredly, muttering a few curses under his breath as he stood up.

"Well then, I hope you recover soon," the boy snarked sarcastically and walked away.

Sebastian's eyes didn't move from the fireplace, his skin tingling with the impelling need to find her again and drag her to the bloody Hospital Wing to make her better. Whatever her problem was, he would find a solution to it, even if he had to swim to the moon and back for a mere hint.

"Screw it!" He suddenly muttered, jumping up and storming out of the Common Room, not caring that curfew was near and he would probably get them both into trouble.

-

"Come with me," he declared once he saw her, ignoring the usual good manners and, above all, saccharine talk he only reserved for her.

"Sebastian?" She asked, surprised at both his presence and his unusually harsh tone. "Is there something wrong?"

"Don't act like you don't know," he spat, and she flinched for a second, before registering the subtle, underlying worry in his tone.

"Is this about my headaches again?" She crossed her arms and shifted her weight on one leg. "I already told you, I'm fi–"

"Don't you dare," he interrupted, walking closer to her and placing his hands on her arms. Given his tone and the words he had just spoken, she had expected him to grab her and drag her to the Hospital Wing rather harshly. But his hands were soft, his touch gentle as he guided her closer to his body. "Tell me the truth. Why? Why do you get them so often?"

Her eyes softened at the distress in his gaze, and she lifted her hands to cup his cheeks.

"It's just my eyes, Sebastian. I… I think I've been studying too much, and my eyes are always tired," she sighed, tracing circles on his cheeks with her thumbs.

"But how do you know it's about your eyes? It could be something else," he retorted, shifting even closer, the concern unwavering in his eyes.

"I feel it. I recognise the pain," she explained. "It's directly behind my eyes, and it increases the more I use them."

"Then close them," he pointed out, and placed his palm on her eyes to cover them like a blindfold.

She laughed and gently moved his hand away. "Look, I'll stop taking so many potions if that's what worries you–"

"But then you'll be in pain," he protested, interwining his fingers with hers. "I'm sure there is a way to kill two birds with one stone."

She bit the inside of her cheek, her eyes slightly twitching every now and then when the brightness of the torches around them felt overwhelming. He noticed and moved his body to shield her from the light.

"Sleep," she mumbled. "Going to sleep helps… but it has to be a deep sleep, not like a slumber, more like — from a nap upwards, in a scale of sleep…"

His eyes fleeted over her face and then moved to the ceiling, as if expecting the old stone to morph into a pyramid scheme of resting protocol.

"Then let's go to sleep."

"Wha–" she had no time to protest as he tightened his grip on her hand and began to guide her to his Common Room.

"Sebastian, wait–"

But it was no use: he walked all the way to the dungeons, making sure she would follow as his hand never left hers, and then through the door once they reached the entrance.

Her eyes widened once he aimed for the stairs of the boys' dormitory.

"Sebastian, I can't go in there, I–"

"You can and you will," he cut her words. "The stairs allow you to."

She bit her lip. "B-but–"

"You'll sleep. And I'll make sure of it," he pulled her closer, placing his palm on the small of her back once they reached the landing of his dorm and gently pushing her to the door, not stopping until they reached the bed.

He obviously gave her privacy as she changed — despite her having to wear his clothes to sleep as the suddenness of the situation made her completely unequipped — and then joined her once she was safe under the covers.

"Never hide from me again," he whispered, pressing two fingers on her forehead to rub soothing circles.

She only nodded, and he wrapped his arms around her, making sure she was comfortable as she rested her head in the curve of his shoulder.

He kept his touch light and soothing on her scalp and back until her breath evened and became soft and heavy.

"You'll feel so much better soon," he kissed her forehead, and joined her in sleep.