Four Drunk Slytherins Apparate to Surrey

Start from the beginning

He straightened himself out, felt his coat hang heavy off of his shoulders, and pulled tight across his back. He offered his hand out to her, the wet wool barely stretching under his reach. And then he said, "Do you trust me?"

He watched her eyeing him warily, her gaze flicking just barely briefly over to Theo and Blaise before refocusing back on him. She looked him up and down, glowering at the puddle that pooled by his feet, and jutting her chin upward as she finally met his eye.

And then without a word, but a silent firm nod, she grasped his hand tightly, and they were off.

~

Draco swam quickly to the surface, breaking through the water and dragging Pansy along beside him as he took in a gulping deep breath of the crisp night air.

Pansy sputtered loudly, spitting and splashing beside him as she gasped loudly, thrashing in the water as she took in their surroundings.

Her short hair slicked thick and heavy around her face, and as she spluttered, and swiped quickly at her eyes and forehead to clear the water, her short fringe matted up high on her forehead, and in the warmth of the streetlights, and the cold glow of the moon, her eyeshadow sparkled, displaced and streaking over her cheeks and brown as she whipped her head around.

Draco swam back towards her, from where they'd drifted somewhat in the waves they'd made, his feet kicking beneath him, and his arms swooping in wide sweeping motions at his sides to keep him afloat.

She continued to whip her head around furiously and bewildered, dipping spitting and spluttering in the river as she struggled to keep her chin out of the water. He reached out, and wound an arm under her own to try and help her keep afloat when she spun quickly, planted her feet against his stomach firmly as she pushed away, floating backwards as she gasped and gazed up at the night sky.

He waited as she floated away from him, tiny unintelligible mumbles escaping her lips as she continued to spit the river water from her mouth. He thought maybe she'd continue her tirade at him with some of her favourite fucking expletives, but she just mumbled quietly to herself and to the night sky, as she lay back and floated with her arms wide by her sides, the fabric of her coat swimming around her in the water, and her hair smoothing like a dark oil slick across her brow. He caught another glimmer of the glitters as they pooled across her cheeks, warm and cold in the competing lights.

She mumbled some more, and when he thought that maybe, she'd forgotten he was even there at all, he called out a tentative little, "Pans–"

"No." She spat quickly and righted herself, swimming quickly towards him, past him, and to the muddy riverbank. She trudged up it, gathering her long coat up in her hands and wringing out the water. She turned back to him, glowering, and pulled her wand from her coat pocket, before casting a drying charm over herself.

Draco swam slowly to join her on the riverbank, wading the last few steps slowly out of the water, approaching Pansy tentatively like greeting a rabid animal.

Pansy pushed her hair back firmly behind her ears, pinching the short dark strands between her fingers and firmly pulling and tucking at them until they stayed somewhat out of her face for more than a mere second at a time. They kept coming loose, wiring and waving away from her face, bouncing around her cheeks and flaring out just above her jaw.

She huffed violently out of her nose, and jutted her chin up at him as she stood there, her tongue pressed between her teeth and lip, protruding her pout like a bunny, as she glared at him through wide eyes.

"A word of warning," she said, "would have been fucking nice."

Draco stood before her, still ankle-deep in the water.