Chapter 3 Andrew Moore

"No plans yet ." I said with a forced smile.The lights flashing blinding my view of anything infront of me."Thank you for your time Mr.Moore , The premierehas been an absolute hit."I'm just glad that I can leave . The day has beenexhausting. I enjoy my job . I do . Even though I don'twant to admit it , I love my job even when I hate it andI am lucky enough to have been doing it all my life.I was about to go back to my room to enjoy my finalnight in California away from a lot of noise in solitude.Hopefully to read the book I bought from the nearbystore when:'Hey Andy, Where are you going ? The after partyhasn't even started yet' One of my co-stars beams.So much for trying to slip away in solitude.

 "I think I'll head back. Headache." Partly true.'Jeez how much did you drink? The party's just begun'He slurs.

I don't drink alcohol . I don't know what to commenton first. His current state or if I could leave withoutresponding at all.I called his assistant and let her know of his state toensure he stays away from any reporters orphotographers.I headed to an inn far from the major part of town toavoid the crowd and into the cozy little place thatattracts little attention. The rain is not pretty and Iknow that the traffic would have been deadly had I leftany later.My tires screech to a halt as I see something in themiddle of the road.

 Is it a rug?I grab an umbrella from the back and go to check thething out. I go up to it to find a wounded andshivering animal in the middle of the road . It wasbarely surviving. It looked like it hadn't been able tofind shelter. That wasn't surprising there wasn't a lotaround.I had an old hoodie I didn't mind ruining , I wrapped itin the hoodie and put him beside me. 

The way there were lines around his neck that lookedlike a collar had been there for a long time suggestedthat he had probably been lost from his original home .I drove with him and drove home. 

I grabbed his shivering body and put him on my couch. He clearly needed to be warmer . I put a blanket onhim and started googling how to take care of him. Istarted the fire in the fireplace and adjusted thethermostat grabbed a first aid kit and bandaged it . Hewinced and barked .

 "Hey buddy, Please stay calm"He didn't seem convincedI kept talking to him in the calmest tone I could andeventually he relaxed. I bandaged his wounds and hestayed still like a good boy.After a while the shivering stops and he looks better . Igrab some biscuits from my bag , google it and makesure it's not toxic for him. He nibbles on the biscuitsquietly.I go to the kitchen and make myself some tea anddecide to let him rest. When I'm back I find him fastasleep on my couch.I'd never had a pet. My parents never thought I couldhandle one and disliked interacting with animals. Theydonate a bunch of money to animal rescue shelters allthe time but there is a difference between doingsomething for a bank statement and doing somethingbecause you care.

I looked at the poor guy and decided I would ask myassistant to send him back to his family once the rainblows over.My assistant Sonia. She's been working for me for thepast two years. She respects the Non-Disclosureagreements we have set and is great at her job. One ofthe best things about her is she doesn't question whyI'm doing something if it's odd and just helps directly.I respect her work ethic.I open my book and enjoy my tea in the rain .

 The raindoesn't seem to be dying down anytime soon and Ienjoy the sound of rain and the crackling fire . Theroom still has a faint scent of the lemongrass candlethe caretaker had lit earlier. I don't know what heavenis like but to me it feels something like this. I kindawish I didn't have to keep moving around like I do .Tons of people feel envious of me and I can understandwhy but I can't help the wishful noise in my head thatwants to find a calm place like this to call home , tocome back to after both the good days and bad.I pull myself out of my thoughts and back into thebook I was reading.Suddenly I hear light snoring from the couch . I lookedup to see that the dog was snoring softly . If anyoneelse had been there I would not have found the snoringsweet , the way I did but looking at buddy ( that's whatI'm calling him until I find out what his real name is) . 

Later I get up and go make myself dinner and google ifa dog snoring was a common occurrence. ''If your dog has always snored from time to time,it's usually not something to worry about.However, if your dog has recently started snoring,it could indicate a serious health problem.''