5 - Intentions and Perceptions

◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"He looked at her like all women wanted to be looked at, he had found his lifelong partner and gunned straight for it,"

— Extract from chronologist Elphaba Inaris in her book: The Rise of Snow

"You were right about this place Tigris," Drusilla hummed opening her eyes lazily at Tigris on the adjacent massage bed. The brunette's masseuse continued to carefully knee the bottom of her spine.

"You put too much stress on your lower spine miss. You should remember to stand up every now and then," she advises. Drusilla only groans in response as she presses harder slightly.

"I come here to get away when I'm stressed," Tigris says, "when both work and home get too overwhelming."

"Usually I just go home to the cat," Drusilla chuckles softly, "Why not just move out?"

"As much as I want to Coriolanus and I are just tolerating one another for the sake of grandmam's happiness. We don't know when she's going to go you know? Besides she gave up half of her heirlooms just for us during the dark days."

"You must have been close at some point though. Or was Coriolanus just you know... Coriolanus?"

"We very close growing up, we saw ourselves as siblings more than cousins. As for the second, I don't know. I thought he just changed after coming back from twelve. But looking back perhaps he was always..." she trails trying to find the right words. "But I never believe someone is born you know... a certain way?"

"I thought that too, that someone can't be born for something. But now I guess people are born for certain stuff or a certain way."

"What do you mean?"

"I just believe it's a matter of the stuff that happens around it that can trigger it or suppress it you know? Like how someone was born to swim but they could never have learnt how to swim at first because they grew up somewhere dry."

Tigris shifted her position for her body to face up. Sending her masseuse away as she stared at the ceiling. She still believed deep down there was some good left in him, the same warmth she felt with him as they did as children.

Drusilla caught on to her discomfort and asked: "When I said had Coriolanus always been Coriolanus we thought of the same thing right?"

Tigris's eyes widened in shock and frowned at herself in a guilty manner for ever thinking about her younger cousin that way. She scolded herself for thinking Coriolanus was ever born evil. No, she refused to believe that.