1 - thank you

◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎◼︎

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"A man in the capitol wants three things in a partner, a bombshell, a mistress and a housewife

"A man in the capitol wants three things in a partner, a bombshell, a mistress and a housewife. You must learn how to become all three,"
— Esmerelda Trinket

This was going terribly and utterly wrong for Drusilla. As she looked up from her menu she smiled at her blind date before quickly putting her head back down continuing to pretend she was still pending what she was going to get. Of course, she knew what she was going to get already.

It had all started two weeks ago after she permanently made herself a resident within the Capitol after landing a prestigious offer of a position at the Capitol University thanks to the unanimous vote. Well, Dr Gaul's threatening to create a unanimous vote. She had rented an apartment near the university (she was still living at her aunt's place while it was getting renovated and moving delays) where although it was no Corso apartment it was still luxurious thanks to her glamorous aunt Esmerelda's  'Esme' connections.

Speaking of her aunt, this is how it had all started. Aunt Esme was like many women part of the Capitol's elite. Married young and enjoyed flushing either her family's or their partner's money, gossiping and keeping their partner's in check. However, the last one wasn't quite associated with Aunt Esme; she had married thrice. Officially. She had started becoming the mistress of a few past prominent political figures (not that it was publically known), married a young military officer who died during the war, married a man thirteen years her senior who was a past senator and a recent divorced her on and off relationship with a rich hotel mogul. She believed Drusilla who was turning twenty-four soon would be a perfect age to start looking for marriage prospects and started finding a list of prominent figures.

"So what do you do now?" she asks.

"Well I'm working under my father now at the game makers' centre, as you know he's the lead analysis for the Hunger Games," he boasts. Drusilla forces a smile gently, making sure to relax her muscles. She knew he had recently graduated. No honours, not anything special but he passed. "So do you do anything?"

Drusilla quickly pended on how she answered. This wasn't the time to show off nor lead to any subtle hints of mystery. Men like him in the capitol either needed their egos inflated or put in their place. There was no certain time for the first one.

"Well, I just recently got a job at the Capitol's university."

It was a simple response.

"Oh as a secretary?" he assumes.

"No," she chuckles lightly.

"Oh, what then? Are you supervising over something then?"

"Something like that," she replies.