Standing-Only Audience

After a quick coffee with MEIKO where Kohane explained the general situation with Akito, news received with forehead slaps all around SEKAI, she heard a distant sound where she spawned near the WKND Garage in the real world. She found the song familiar and followed cautiously until she heard "Infinite ~Dreamer~! Youkoso, kyou mo, kimi no yume ga sameru made☆!" Then she fuckin' ran. She didn't even care that the sound of her partner's voice flustered her in ways she couldn't understand. She wasn't standing still when she heard one of her favorite Miku songs.

An sung the next line of the song, instantly noticing Kohane appearing at the back of the small crowd. It's no use trying to ignore her feelings for Kohane when she was right there, begging to join her with her eyes. An giggled the wish for happiness to the audience. She winked, eyes cutting to Kohane through the rest of the people and held out her hand expectantly. "Shala la la laa la la~♡"

Kohane blushed furiously. The crowd moved for her to get through and she ran into her arms. "Let's sing!" she whispered quickly.

Anhane had never sung this song before as a duet, but something about it went seamlessly. Their voices blended into each other, and they knew when the other was about to make a harmony and adjusted accordingly. Even without a mic, they attracted an audience. Kohane definitely saw how this spot, out of the way of foot traffic but easy to hear, was An's favorite. An missed performing with just Kohane beyond belief. She'd originally come alone, but...

As the song finished, An pulled out her phone, connected to a small but mighty wireless speaker, and scrolled to another song. She showed it to Kohane and she nodded eagerly. 'KOISURU☆BEAM.' It seemed they were both in the mood for some bubblegum feels!

An quieted her voice at the chorus to hear Kohane nail the high notes in the amazing way she always does. Kohane let An deliver power to the prechorus likewise. Together, they brought a powerful, yet still upbeat, tone to the song. Kohane missed being close to An like this, too. Then again... how close was she "allowed" to be to a singing partner?

The song ended. The crowd had grown. Kohane looked to the live house Akito said RAD DOGS would be performing in, just down the street. Kohane recognized some of the audience as people who were fans of Akito's. She was glad they could enjoy the Vivids as well, but she was a bit curious about Akito too. Would she see a new side of him from the audience? She wanted to head over, as the murmurs in the crowd did. An watched the streetlights turn on and turned to Kohane. They were just getting started.

"'Issei no kassai'? What do you say, Kohane-chan☆?"

"Teehee. An-chan, that isn't even a VOCALOID song..."

"Hm~ You sound like you already want to sing it anyways, Kohane-chan."

"Okay, you got me. Let's give it shout!"

"Yeah!"

They sang. The audience only grew even larger as they drew in people en route to see the BAD DOGS, whose performance was soon. The song ended with a rush of emotion as An ad-libbed through the final guitar riff. Kohane took a breath and motioned to An, who huddled with her.

"An-chan, let's go watch the guys at the live house," she requested in a hushed tone. An felt her excitement spoil a little. The song had literally just ended. Hadn't even caught her breath.

"We can't stay here a little longer? Keep the people here?" Didn't she like singing with her?

"Most are just stopping by on their way to the house, though. See, it's hardly been ten seconds and some are already going."

"Maybe if we'd been singing they'd still be here with us," An let out with a hmph. They'd hardly even been singing twenty minutes. Her itch was not scratched. Kohane smiled sadly. They probably would've gone, anyways, and then An would've thought they didn't sing hard enough.