05

i half-assed the writing LOL sorry it's just cause i don't actually write... so... if u don't like it, take it up with your momma

okay bye 😆

________________

Jake is undeniably nervous.

He's shaking his leg, biting his lip and peeling the raw skin with his teeth until the taste of iron is spreading across his tongue. He can't stop clicking his pen either, earning multiple side-eyes from his neighboring classmate, Kim Sunoo.

"Are you okay?" Sunoo whispers into his hands, cautious of their teacher. If they get caught talking during an exam, they both will be failed for the unit, no exceptions. Jake wouldn't risk it either.

"Yeah." Jake doesn't look up at the red-head, too embarrassed to be judged by pretty fox eyes. "Sorry."

Sunoo doesn't say anything else, but Jake can feel his lingering gaze up until he hits the gray submit button on the test. And when he continues shaking his leg, Sunoo taps him on the shoulder and slides a piece of gum across the table.  Jake finally looks up at him confused, watching as Sunoo scribbles on his notebook with a Kuromi pen.

'It helps with anxiety. Take it.'

He hesitantly picks up the gum, sending the other boy a tight smile. Sunoo returns it softly.

By the time the gum begins to lose its spearmint flavor and Jake realizes that it truly did help with his anxiety, they're out of class and Sunoo is being whisked away by a tall, pale boy with moles all over his face before he can thank him.

——

i'm outside your building

by the garden

come quickly

okay

——

Jake spots Heeseung leaning against the fence enclosing their university's flower garden.

"Hi," Jake whispers, his hands trembling. He quickly shoves them into his sweater, hiding the proof of his anxiety.

Heeseung looks up from his phone, tucking it into the pocket of his baggy sweats. "Hey. Have you ate yet?"

"What's so important that you couldn't just call me on Sunday?" Jake cuts straight to the point. He waited an entire day, unable to focus on his exam because of Heeseung and Riki's mysterious texts. Waiting to talk until they're seated and with food in their stomachs isn't exactly what Jake was hoping for. He doesn't have the patience to wait any longer.