"Shall I accompany you, Mata?" Harsha offered, his eyes filled with concern.

"Nay," Vritika said gently, placing a hand on his cheek. "Remain here until your father returns from Hastinapur. Inform him of this... unexpected turn of events. He may need you as much as I need a clear mind and, perhaps, an additional hand in navigating the turbulent waters of this situation."

With a final, determined smile, Vritika closed her eyes and vanished in a shimmer of light, reappearing moments later at the imposing front gate of Dwaraka castle.

Dwarka

The air crackled with tension as Vritika stepped through the Dwaraka gates. Her first stop was Duryodhana's chambers, an austere space that mirrored the turmoil within him. He paced like a caged lion, fear battling with unwavering loyalty in his eyes.

"Suyodhana," Vritika said, her voice laced with concern, "Explain this to me. How can Bhratha Balarama ask you to do this, knowing your vow to Bhanumathi?"

Duryodhana slumped onto a chair, shame coloring his features. "It is a gurudakshina, Vritika. I cannot refuse my teacher, not after all he has taught me. But the thought of betraying Bhanumathi... it tears me apart."

Vritika saw the struggle within him, the war between duty and love etched on his face. This Duryodhana, the man she remembered, wasn't the villain painted by many. He was a warrior wrestling with impossible choices, caught between family loyalties and a love that burned bright.

"There must be another way," she murmured, her mind racing. "Bhratha is honorable, but he can be swayed by reason. Tell me, why Subhadra? Is it just Bhratha Balarama's wish, or is there more to it?"

Duryodhana hesitated, then confided in her the whispers echoing through the palace. Shakuni, he claimed, had fueled Balarama's desire for an alliance between Dwaraka and Hastinapur, playing on his brother's ambition and overlooking the emotional cost.

Vritika pressed a hand to her temple, the pieces falling into place. Shakuni, ever the manipulator, saw an opportunity to bind Hastinapur closer to Dwaraka through a powerful marriage – and Duryodhana, the unwilling pawn in his game.

"We cannot let Mamashree Shakuni win, Suyodhana," she declared, her voice firm. "There is a chance, however slim, to convince Bhrata Balarama. But we need a plan, one that relies on truth, not manipulation."

The tension in the air could have been forged into weapons as Vritika and Duryodhana approached Balarama's training grounds. Their hearts thudded like war drums, ready to face the storm brewing within the legendary warrior. But before they could even breach the threshold, a figure materialized before them, his familiar blue dhoti rippling in the breeze. It was Krishna, his mischievous smile masking a deeper understanding of the turmoil they harbored.

"Vritika, Yuraj Suyodhana," he greeted, his voice a soothing balm on their anxieties. "Your intentions are noble, but fret no more. The tapestry of fate has already woven its solution."

Vritika's brows furrowed. "But Bhaiya" she said, "how can you condone this marriage if Duryodhana's heart belongs elsewhere?"

Krishna's smile deepened, twinkling like stars in the midday sun. "Ah, my dear sister, sometimes love takes unexpected turns. Subhadra's heart, too, beats for another. And it is not the valiant Suyodhana, but the fiery archer, Arjuna."

Duryodhana's eyes widened in disbelief. Relief and bewilderment warred within him. "But... how? When?"

Krishna chuckled, a melody that danced on the wind. "Love's whispers travel far, Suyodhana. And Subhadra has listened well. Fear not, for Balarama's gurudakshina shall be met, not with a loveless union, but with a victory of the heart."