29 | grand escape

Start from the beginning

Sometimes solutions are too easy and around us, but we often are blinded by our egos and hormones and impatience. We just need to think and see with an open mind. There have been so many internal changes in my way of approaching things since I started accepting my feelings for her.

My vision towards love was always tainted, varnished by the deteriorating fate of my grandfather. I am not the kindest and nicest person to be around, I am still me. I still act like a devil, if Noor was given the chance to put it nicely, but I am trying. I don't care what others think of me, but I want to be better for her.

I care about what she thinks of me.

And it's so funny to realise that she has always been there. Around me, near me. I still get irked with her habits and her way of handling things but I am taking steps. Covering the distance of adjustment and love, a track that ensures a happy marriage.

"If I had spilt the secret, how would I have managed to create my art piece."

"Art piece, you say?" She stifles her laugh. Her teeth biting her lips, the red she had coated so carefully now smeared around. She looks ravaged, so delectable, so fucking exquisite.

She looks like mine.

"The best of all," I confess truthfully. And she is. All the other artworks that are hanging and placed outside are in no comparison to her. They are beautiful but my wife outshines them all. Those are merely inanimate objects, which get praised and forgotten once they are out of sight but Noor? She is alluring, her aura is tempting, so strong of a power that leaves everyone around her enticed and captivated.

"So is there anything you would like to confess to your art piece, huh?" Her eyes twinkle mischievously.

We are standing so close that our bodies brush against each other, the swell of her breasts heaving against my chest as our breaths entangle. My fingers play with her loose hair strands leisurely.

I bend down a little, our eyes on the same level.

"I think I might have hit my head on the way to this room, what exactly am I supposed to confess, help me, wifey. I think I am lost."

"Kabir Sood, you are misbehaving." She scolds.

"Then would you like to discipline me, wifey?" I have no idea what this woman does to me. I don't think I have ever let myself act so carefree. She makes me act childish, flirtatious and jealous and so damn possessive. I enjoy it so much.

"That's right. You need to be punished, Mr Sood."

"And how will you do that."

"Before we begin with your punishment, tell me how would we exactly leave this venue now?" She points at herself and then at me.

"Well, I do know someone on the crew," I smirk at her as I fish my phone out of my pocket. Dialling a number that I know will help me in this grand escape.

The call rings and the person picks up, "We need to leave."

"You have thirty seconds, not even a second more."

"Okay. Thanks."

"Whom did you call?" Noor questions when I keep my phone back. I smirk at her and remember how Dheer had noticed Noor tugging me towards this room. I am pretty sure he has been guarding the room this entire time to prevent any staff member from entering.