16-🦋Wow

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

Y/n

By the end of the red carpet, my feet were already sore. It takes two hours to get to the end because people want pictures and interviews as you're going down. I didn't mind of course, but it was really exhausting. Once I made it to the end, Oscar and I sat on the ground and sighed.

"That was exhausting"

Ellie held her hand out to me. "Well the grammy isn't going to win itself, let's carry on."

I chuckled and stood up. Then all in sync, Martie and Oliver started singing–badly.

"🎶 Carry on my wayward son 🎶"

Ellie and I joined in. "There'll be peace when you are done" 🎶

Then all together "🎶 Lay your weary head to rest..... DONT YA CRY NO MORE🎶"

We got a lot of funny looks as we walked in. I'm pretty sure I saw Kylie Jenner roll her eyes at us. At least we were having fun. Ellie kept making the guitar noises while we walked to our seats. Oscar and I were at a small table together, and so were Ellie and Martie to the left of us. I looked around the room. From where I was, I could easily see Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Jay-Z.

It was really crazy how the band, aka a bunch of fifteen year olds, were seen to be just as–or more, famous than the people In this room.

As kids we all dreamed of being actors, singers or just famous in general. Now it was real. Sitting in a room with some of the most famous people this century has ever seen? Nine year old me would have exploded if she knew where I would be at this age.

*buzz*

Walker

Walker: I'm way in the back, where r uuuu?

Y/n: Way in the front.

Walker: I guess I'll see you when ya win a grammy then. :(

Y/n: You know it, walnut

Walker: I should just call you string cheese or sum.

Y/n: Because I play guitar? 😔

Walker: exactly 😘

Y/n: Die in a fire, pretty boy <3

Walker: Only if you come with me <3

Y/n: Show's starting. BYEEEEE

Walker: BYEEEEEE

△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

Once Trevor Noah walked out on stage, I hit Martie in the arm, because he wasn't paying attention.

Before I knew it, Trevor had already begun his little speech. Then, accompanied by another person onstage, together they opened the first letter to reveal the first winner. *Idk who ends up winning cuz the grammys arent for a while, so imma just guess and edit after the grammys come lmfao*

"And our first winner of the night— Taylor Swift!"

I couldn't help but fangirl as she walked past me and onto the stage. She gave a little speech of her own, which I found extremely inspirational, but then realized.... I hadn't written one. Everything got so jam packed in my mind that I didn't even think of it. Now, I was hoping that we didn't win. I didn't even mention anything to the rest of the band, I just hope that they had something in mind.

"Beyonce!" He yelled into the mic.

"Olivia Rodrigo!"

"And last but not least" My heart pounded. I held my breath and grabbed Marties Shoulder. His arm was probably purple before I let go.

"Saving Martie!" My breathing suddenly stopped. But next thing I knew, I was walking up on stage, waving at cameras and passing the heavy golden award down to Oscar.

"Any words for us?"

I apparently had stood in front of the mic, like an idiot. But I nod.

"First of all, I just wanna say thank you" Everyone cheered.

"You made our childhood dreams become real life. And I don't think I've ever wanted to run off stage screaming more than I do now" the crowd laughed.

"I remember the first time we even had the idea of starting a band. Just a bunch of lame middle schoolers with bad grades in math" I say "We started in Marties garage, worked til we could pay for record studio sessions and then somewhere along that line ended up here."

I paused for a moment. "Seriously, someone pinch me, because this has to be a dream. Like WOW"

"Thank you–everyone for this." I say, before walking off the stage.

The sound of the crowd cheering made me feel rather prideful. We worked so hard to get here, I guess hard work does pay off.

Merely seconds later–after Martie and I sat back down. I received a bundle of texts. Friends, ex friends, family members, Mrs. Avery and Walker.

For one, I knew a lot of my old friends were only texting me because they wanted to be involved somehow in the fame. After becoming famous–You realize how many people weren't actually there for you. Some of the worst people in my life, saying sorry and asking if we could be friends again. And I'll be honest, I enjoy seeing their lousy butts crawl back to me but it made me feel pretty worthless in a sense. Like, I only really matter now because I'm famous?. The texts reminded me of a quote from a song.

"Friends are happy for me

Or they're honey-suckle phonies

Then they celebrate my medals

Or they wanna take my trophies

Some are loyal soldiers

While these other thorns are rosy

And if you never know who you can trust

Then trust me you'll be lonely"

-The man, the myth, the legend Brenden Urie. *I write sins not tragedies was PEAK for Brend Ur, Lets be honest here*

I read through all of the texts, all of which were congratulations and yata yata. Then I open Walkers. Really the only messages that can make me smile

△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

Walker

Walker: AAAAAAAAHHHH YOU WON. RAAAAAHHHH. y/n supremacy 🙏

Y/n: Thank's pretty boy ;) Anyways, how'd I do with the speech? Imma be honest here, I didn't write one. That was all in-the-moment talkin

Walker: It was pretty good for an "In-the-moment" speech. But imma be honest, I thought Aphrodite had taken your place to do the speech because Gaw DAYUM.

Y/n: Who taught u how too flirt lmfaooOOOOOO

Walker: Dior said It was a good line :0

Y/n: It was cute, but you were scammed. 😔

Walker: Dior's onna get it. Nice ol THWACK to the face. Anyways, wanna hangout later? Unless ur busy ofc

Y/n: I can't tonight. Celebratory dinner with the band and stuff. Tomorrow maybe? :0

Walker: See you tomorrow 😘

Y/n: 😘

△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH