A New Friend, Destinies Unravel

When you opened the door to the uber infront of you, a woman with green hair tied up into a messy bun laid in the front seat, snoring loudly. She snorted and mumbled in her sleep, making you bite the inside of your cheek to stop laughing.

You closed the door with a heavy "Slam!" and the woman jolted awake suddenly, arms flailing around wildly and hazel eyes wide in shock.

"WAH!" She shouted, then sighed. She turned around to look at you and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry 'bout that. My bad!" She said, a strong Australian accent showing through in her voice.

You took a second to take in her features. Many, many freckles splashed across her face like stars. Glowing hazel eyes and naturally long eyelashes. Short, wild green hair that splayed out in every direction, but looked so... natural. One of her eyebrows had an impressive scar running though it. Four sets of golden ear piercings and one lip piercing. You could tell just by her appearance that any time spent with her would be wild.

"'nyways..." She continued. "My name's Willow! What's yours?"

You gave her a trusting smile. "Y/N L/N. Most people know me as N/N though." 

[If you don't have a nickname, ignore that last sentence.]

She grinned, making you laugh internally. This woman was awesome.

"Arrite, N/N..." She started. "Where can I take ya tonight?"

[Again, just change N/N to Y/N if you don't have a nickname.]

Your somewhat extroverted mind and body felt pumped up by her energy. "Anywhere other than this shithole, honestly" Your statement made Willow laugh. "Can we go to that one hotel that you pay for staying in years instead of nights? The one that works like an apartment complex but it's still a hotel?"

She gave you a surprised, happy look. "The Onyx Hotel?"

You nodded.

She grinned again. "That's where I live! Maybe we could be roommates?" She asked you.

You blinked at her in surprise, then grinned, trying to match her energy. "Really? That'd be awesome!"

Willow nodded along. "Hell yeah! Just gotta sort it out with Matthew then."

You tilted your head as she began to drive. "Who's Matthew?" You asked, not expecting the reaction you were about to get.

Her eyes widened and a large blush swept its way across her cheeks. She hesitated before speaking. "Just the receptionist..."

Her eyes were shining.

You gave her a knowing smile. "And...?"

She growled and the floor, then sighed. "Fine! Fine. And my boyfriend." She snarled out the window, then turned to you with calmer expression. "But no one knows yet, so keep ya mouth shut!"

You giggled before shrugging. Willow gave you a playful glare. "Anyways. Why're ya moving?" She asked.

You tensed, but eventually decided it would be best telling her. You were in a safe space and you felt as though someday she could be a great and useful friend to have. It took you a second to figure out how to word your explanation, but simplistic was the best way to go, in this situation.

"Basically..." You paused to breathe. "Escaping from my abusive single mother. I also kinda set her house on fire."

Willow looked amused, and smiled at you. "My friend Tae is mates with someone who escaped a very similar situation. Burnt down their single dad's house and then went to a summer school. Similar name too, hah. Pretty sure they ended up marrying their teacher."

You were astounded. "What? How old was the kid?"

Willow laughed hysterically. "That's what I said! At first. The kid was 19, the teacher was in his early twenties or so... either way, they're apparently perfect for each other."

You laughed. "Wow." Was all you could manage.

Soon enough, you had made it to the hotel. The entrance was elegant, combining a dark grey base colour with highlights of gold to create a stunning modern look. Each bench and shelf was a dark marble, and there were a few stunning cacti placed in perfect places. Whoever had designed this place obviously loved it very much.

The man behind the reception desk smiled warmly at you. He had dark brown hair, slicked back into a manbun, and icy blue eyes that glowed despite the dimly lit room. He was obviously quite attractive, but in a way that was symmetrically perfect. He didn't have much character in him past his high cheekbones and toned build. 

"Hello there, and welcome to the Onyx Hotel. Have you booked online or would yo-" He was cut off by Willow flinging herself into his arms excitedly.

He caught her, and looked down with a loving, yet confused smile. She looked up at him with an equally loving expression, and you realised that this was Matthew. Willow broke your thoughts with her exited Australian voice. "Matty! It's okay, she knows. This is my awesome new best friend and roommate, Y/N! They're, like, super awesome and amazing and stuff. Same story as that kid Tae's mates with."

Matthew gave her an even more loving grin, then turned to beam at you. You realised that he wasn't that monotonous perfect guy you had thought. He was more of a softer personality, and definitely had that "shy artist" vibe about him. You smiled back at him, trying to figure out what to add to your personality that would benefit him and Willow. This is when you noticed the deep, dark bags underneath his eyes. You assumed this was a caused by a mix of his working hours and dealing with Willow's constant energy, so you noted to have energy around Willow, but try to tone it down slightly around Matthew.

He spoke in a gentle tone to you. "Would you like me to split the cost for living here?" He asked calmly.

You nodded, and Willow turned around to give you a thankful look. She picked up your bag and you picked up Nymph and Morpho to follow her to the room you'd be staying in. You made it through the doorway and she pointed towards an open, short hallway.

"Since me an' Matt are dating, I get two rooms for the price of one. Now, both of us get two rooms for the price of half of one. This is awesome!" She explained." They're both connected through the hallway, so you can take the second room for yourself. Here, let me help you unpack!"

You accepted Willow's help gratefully and set down your butterflies on the highly-stylized kitchen counter, infront of the window. Morpho fluttered his wings around in surprise and looked up at you, his tiny little face and wide eyes making you smile. You wandered off to go help willow with your clothes.

[I was listening to "4 BIG GUYS" whilst writing this XD]

[1099 words :0000]