I snuck my hand into his hair so I could pull his face down for a kiss. It was far rougher than I intended, Luffy's breath catching as he pulled me into him tightly. His hand reached down and squeezed my butt, making me hitch a leg up on his hip. Our lips crushed together and I started rocking my body into him, letting out a little moan as he flicked his tongue into my mouth.

    I squeezed my arms down to his pants, trying to unbutton them before I felt his hands grasp around my wrists. He pulled my hands up to his chest and pulled away.

   "I think you need to take more time to heal, Misaki." He said with a soft smile. "And trust me when I say that is the only reason I'm saying no."

   I pouted but mostly for show. He had a point. I still had stitches in me that were keeping bullet holes closed. Definitely not something I should work to tear open. Luffy kissed me on the nose and chuckled at me.

    "You want breakfast?" I mumbled, making Luffy smile.

    "See, this is why you're awesome! I love how well you know me!" Luffy said.

     "Cool, help me up, then." I said, sitting up slowly.

     "Oh no. You are staying here. I'll bring you food."

     "Hell no! I'm going to the dining hall."

     "Misaki, you need to rest."

     "I need to move too! I have to rebuild my strength!"

     Luffy pursed his lips, then agreed.

     This led to the next few days of my own form of physical therapy. Get up, make my way to breakfast, to the deck, rest, back in for lunch, to the aquarium to rest, to the shower to sit like a wimp under the water, then back to dinner. Every day, I would go somewhere a little more difficult to get to. My goal was the crow's nest. I also took on a new, not so fun hobby. Dish duty with Sanji.

      Funny enough, I found a lot of peace and good conversation with Sanji while helping him with the dishes. At first, he tried the same old reverse misogynistic "women shouldn't have to lift a finger to do the dishes" crap, but once he realized it was just another way to build my strength, he let it go. And this is where I got to actually bond with Sanji. Talking about my woes and getting some pretty decent advice; with no judgement or teasing either. It was actually rather refreshing. Sanji was the one person I felt I couldn't really connect with, but we finally found our thing.

    "Hey Sanji?"

    "Hm?"

    "Do you guys like... do Christmas?"

     "Huh?"

     "Like do you do something to celebrate it?"

     "You know it's nowhere near Christmas, right? Like it's Late September."

     "It is?" I took pause, noting that I had been with the straw hats for more than two or three months now. I realized I hadn't really kept track.

     "Yeah. Why are you already thinking about it?"

      "Well, normally we would have a thing called thanksgiving and then Christmas would come after that. But there is no Thanksgiving here."

      "Yeah, no idea what that is."

       "It was dumb. Or at least the reason for it was, cause it was a load of shit." I tried my best to explain the holiday and Sanji laughed.

       "Well we eat like that all the time! We may not give thanks though haha."

       "Good point." I said, chuckling.

       "So you were thinking about Thanksgiving and it made you think of Christmas?"

       "Yeah. We would do it up big. Big lights, big trees, singing stupid songs like jinglebells! And everybody would dress up and give everyone presents. The presents were never huge, just something special. And the food was incredible." 

     I rattled on for a moment about the food, knowing Sanji wouldn't get bored by it. He smiled at me, taking in all of my reminiscence.

      "Sounds like you really enjoyed it."

      "Yeah, I guess. The lights were always my favorite... and the stupid songs. It was the only time of year I really got to spend with family and friends all in one place." I said, slowing down as I scrubbed a dish.

       "That sounds kind of..."

       "Sad."

       "Yeah."

       "It's times like this where I actually feel kind of homesick..."

      "I'm sorry..."

     "Why are you sorry?"

      Sanji looked away, not really sure how to put it. "Well, we don't really think about Christmas like everyone else. It's actually the day after Chopper's birthday. So... we probably will just be sleeping off a banquet to be honest."

     "Oh." I said shortly, pursing my lips. "Well, it will be awesome to celebrate chopper's birthday!"

    "If you are still here by then."

     I looked at Sanji, unsure what to say. He paused, before realizing what he said.

     "I mean, you could be home for all we know, you know?! Two months is a long ways away!"

    "Yeah." I said, focusing on the dishes again. "So is home though."

"You can talk about it, you know. I'm not going to get weird like the others."

I looked up at him and took a deep breath. I really hadn't spoke about home in a long time. I remembered when I used to talk with Luffy about it, but lately it just felt weird to bring it up. Luffy wasn't really one to look to the past. He really preferred living in the present. I felt like that's what made it so easy to be around him. But it also made it harder to reminisce about the past. God forbid if I said it was a long story, his interest would go out the window. Listening about cool things about the world was different than hearing stories about my past.

"So I could tell you my stories? About my past? And you will listen?"

"Yep." He said, placing another dish on the drying rack.

"And you won't assume that just cause I talk about it that I must want to go home, right?"

"That's right!" He said, smiling.

"Damn, Sanji, I misjudged you!"

"Huh??" Sanji exclaimed, looking at me with jest in his eyes. I laughed at him, apologizing and he waved it off.

So then it began. The wonderful time of reminiscence about my previous life in my own reality. I spoke about my animals, my family, my friends, my woes. There were so many goofy stories that had been building up in my head that just needed to come out. It was nice.