We kept on feeding him down in till he finally answered. "Stop. I'm hangin' over some sewage-water looking shit."

"You want back up?"

"Keep goin', I guess."

"Nice and slow," JJ added, and by the look on his face, he was getting some nasty rope burn too.

-|-

"Okay, okay. I'm at the bottom!" My brother yelled.

We circled the hole. "How is it down there?" Pope asked.

"It's worse that I thought."

"See? I told you we should've sent Dylan down instead," JJ poked my side, and I shivered at the touch.

"Stop it," I whispered.

-|-

"Find any gold?"

"Uh, nothing yet."

There was a little pause, and I was getting worried, though it was a few second timeframe.

Until I heard his yelling.

"JJ!! DYLAN!!! PULL ME UP! PULL ME UP! COME ON, MAN!"

We began pulling him up, at his screaming of horror. I slung the rope across my shoulder, then turned and began pulling.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Wait!" John B shouted. "I think I found something."

"What'd you say?!" I whispered down to him.

"Give me a minute!" He pleaded.

"Hurry! I got some nasty-ass rug-burn!" I said, still holding on tight to the rope.

-|-

"John B, you okay?" JJ shouted.

"Any dead bodies?" Pope and I added. "Jinx."

He didn't answer. Something was going on, cause my brother never shut up unless something he needed to concentrate with was happening.

-|-

Soon enough, Kie and Sarah were booking it down the stairs, urgently.

"Guys, guys, guys!" Sarah squealed.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Mrs. Crain! She's up there! She tried to kill is with a fire poker," Kie explained, out of breath.

"We gotta get the FUCK outta here," Sarah agreed, bending down for air.

"Fuck," I muttered. "We locked her in the parlor but we gotta go!"

"We HAVE to go!"

"Okay, okay! Code red. That's code red. That's code red!" JJ exclaimed. I leaned over the hole. "John! Get back on!"

"Dyl! Hold on, I'm coming!" My brother shouted, finally answering me. We all got places on the rope, and I counted down.

"One, two, three!"

We all pulled, but there was no weight on the rope. John B wasn't even on it.

We all circled the hole once again, seeing if any sight of my brother was possible. I could hear some screaming, but none of it was ineligible. "What?!" I shouted.

"Dylan, JJ, Pope, Kie!!" He shouted.

"Yo, he's drowning!" Kie answered, nervously.

"Get back on the rope!" I ordered, "now!"