008

My Dad's alive. That's what finding the compass did to me.

Within the past days, I slept with my brother on couch, and always slept with the compass in my hand, grazing it every time I had a doubt.

Currently, John B was in his room, soon he already woke up. I woke up to the door getting knocked on.

"DCS! I know you're in there."

"Shit," I mumbled. I jumped up, sitting on my knees and I looked out the window.

I was frightened and jumped when JJ jumped into window view. "Gotcha, Dyl!" JJ shouted. "You should've seen your face!" He mocked.

"Very funny," I said, flipping on my side again and going to sleep.

"Oh, come on, Dyl! Ya gotta admit, that was funny."

"I'll admit you're a douche!"

"True statement!"

-|-

We drove on the road, and I laid in the back.

"I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara. She clearly likes you. She's like, 'oh John B.'" JJ mocked. "She's sketching you diving and then she kissed you!"

"She kissed me on the cheek," John B fought. "Oh, how I love third-wheeling," I said, almost sleeping in the back. They went on and on as I dazed in and out of consciousness. JJ kept poking me on my side, where I was ticklish. "Stop," I said.

"No."

He continued to pick on me. "Just shut the ef up," I said.

-|-

"Dylan!" JJ yelled at me.

"Huh?" I said, my head not leaving my pillow in the backseat. "We're here."

My head popped up as I stretched my body out. I opened the door, almost falling.

I looked at the house who belonged to Lana Grubbs, Scooter's wife. "You know what this house looks like?" John B asked.

"Whoever lives here smokes to much weed," JJ answered. "Says you," I bickered, still half-asleep.

As we neared, the sound of glass breaking became more often heard than usual. "Bullshit!" We heard from the inside. "Maybe we should come back," JJ said. "No, no, no. Shut up. Shut up, JJ!" I whispered.

"Tell me where it is, or I'll fuck you up!!" Some random guy shouted.

I could hear Lana gasping for air. "I'll sink you in the fuckin-"

"You're hurting me!!" Lana yelled. The sound of crashing came from the inside and I gasped. "Where the fuck is it, you bitch!?!"

I ran towards the wall of the house, leaning against it. "Is it here in this house? Is it somewhere else?"

"Please. I— I didn't—"

"Still think we should stay?" JJ asked me. "Shut up!" I whispered to him. "The compass wasn't in the boat!! Where is it, Lana?!"

I looked at John B, and I looked to my pocket. I ticked the compass further in. "I don't know!" Lana yelled, obviously crying. Another bang was heard, and my fist tightened as it was harder and harder not to barge in there and figure out what was going on. I was nervous, anxious.

JJ noticed this and looked at me. "Don't listen! Don't listen," he whispered. He grabbed my hand, interlacing his fingers with mine, breaking the fist that was so tightly kept that my blood stopped circulating.