Chapter 15 - World War III:

Start from the beginning

"Don't you get it?" he questioned, "The only reason I am doing this; the only reason I am bringing you home is because I know that you stupidly told your mom that you were going with me to the party tonight and I have to make sure you get home in one piece, for both our sakes."

"How did you know?" I question, feeling my eyes begin to well up with tears following his harsh scolding.

"How did I know? You really think that your mom and my mom don't talk about these things? So there I was roped into pretending to go with you to some stupid party I didn't want to go to in the first place, all because of your lies so that you could hang out and get drunk with your boyfriend!" Ben basically shouted at me by the end, the anger clear on his face even in the dark moonlit sky.

"He isn't my boyfriend" I attempted to protest, but failed miserably.

"Don't give me that, actually no, I don't even know why I care, all I know is that if you don't get home, I get in trouble for it too and I don't want that to happen. Like seriously Samantha, I can't believe you got so wasted, I thought you were different"

"Ben..." I sniffed "...It isn't like that, you have it all wrong..."

"Don't lie to me Samantha, I thought you were different, but you are just the same as everyone else. The first drop of alcohol and you change completely."

"What are you talking about?" I ask him completely confused about whatever it was he was going on about.

He didn't reply, instead silence engulfed the awkward air between us, and I was left with no one to talk to but that nagging voice in my head that told me I had to figure out what was wrong with Ben. I didn't care to ask him again, I tried to see what was up, I done my part, now it was up to him.

It was times like these that something as simple as a radio would have been a blessing, but unfortunately for me, the radio in Ben's car didn't tune into a single radio station, and instead we were left with nothing but the sound of static in the air.

We drove into the night in silence.

"So how is it then?" Ben suddenly replied, catching me off guard a little and startling me, because that was the last thing I ever expected him to say. I half expected him to tell me to get out and walk home the rest, I mean that's how annoyed he seemed to be right now.

"What?" I asked, puzzled and buying time as I attempted to gather my thoughts.

"You said that wasn't how it was? So how is it? Whatever 'it' happens to be"

"Well first off Neil is not my boyfriend. He is a toad, a worm, a whiney little baby. I would never date him, not in a million years or if he was the last boy left on this godforsaken earth. I will not, do not and never will date Neil frigging Power."

"But..." Ben was confused, I could see it but from how he clenched his jaw I could tell that there was something he wanted to say. "But you went to his party? You were with him all night"

"That does not mean we are dating, you idiot, I am allowed friends who are guys." Admittedly 'friends' was perhaps giving Neil more credit than he perhaps deserved.

"I'm sorry" I heard him mumble in defeat after a few seconds, it was hard to tell if he meant it or was just saying it to stop World War III from taking place, but I guess that an apology is an apologise.

"It is okay..." I attempt to smile as I wipe the tears away from my eyes, only then realising that my mascara was halfway down my cheeks in big black blotches; this was so not my day.

We sit in a not so awkward silence now, as I gaze out the window of the passenger's side door, in an attempt to hide my smeared makeup from this confusing boy. But there was one other thing that Ben had to know before we got home.

"Actually Ben, no it's not okay. It's not okay that you think that of me, it's not okay that you yelled at me and it's not okay that you have been ignoring me for the past few weeks despite what happened between us that night on the beach, are you trying to tell me that was nothing?" I start shouting at him uncontrollably, unable to stop once I start and no longer caring what state my makeup may be in.

"Samantha..."

"Shut up Ben, I am talking. I am fed up with your BS and can't take it anymore. If you don't want to talk to me then don't, that's fine. But stop with the trying to protect me, the stupid stares and making me to think you're a nice guy when you aren't. You are leading me on and I'm falling for it. I'm such an idiot."

"Please, Sam.." he attempted to plead with me.

"Don't you dare call me that again, ever. My name is Samantha, you should know, after all, we used to be friends"

"I just..."

"One more thing Ben, I wasn't drinking alcohol tonight, my drink was spiked, okay? I know I should have been more careful, but the last thing I need is a lecture from you" I tell him before bursting into a fury of overpowering tears.

"I never knew" came his only reply, but it was too little too late, I didn't care what he had to say, he had done enough damage tonight.

"Just take me home Ben."

***

A/N: Thanks for reading as usual guys! As you can see I am back into regular updates so be sure to check my profile for the update schedule! Be sure to comment, vote and follow to get up to date with all future updates! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

As always I have a question for you: How do you deal with your anger?

- Jdot