~THE DATE'S TO THE DANCE LIKE ME~

------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm back, bitches." I throw open the door to the house while Kol gets out bags from the car.

He laughs to himself, painting on one of his canvas', "Welcome home, sister."

"Where's Bex?" I ask, expecting to see her here.

"Rebekah is off getting the white oak stake from our old friend, Alaric Saltzman." I sigh going over towards Nik.

"While I was gone, did you replenish our tequila supply?" I wanted nothing more than to get so drunk I couldn't even stand if I wanted to.

"It's where you left it." He responds, making me smile as I walk over to the kitchen and take a bottle of tequila from one of the shelves

I look at the bottle, reading the label of the gorgeous beverage. "Jose Cuervo! My favorite." I unscrew the lid and take a big drink of it. "Fantastic."

Kol walks through the door frame, his arms filled with bags. He dropped them all at the entrance of the house walking over to me, taking the bottle out of my hand. I go to say something but he stops me. "Next time, help me with the bags and you can have the bottle."

He keeps walking away, and goes up the stairs with my bottle.

I sulk the loss of my dear friend and watch Nik paint for a while. I always loved to watch Nik paint, it reminded me of what he was like when we were kids. So peaceful, and creative. "It looks beautiful, Nik."

He scoots over on the bench he was on, a smile creeping onto his face. "Join me?"

I sit next to him on the bench and pick up one of the many paint brushes in a cup next to us. I get a bit of dark green paint and approach the almost finished canvas, adding on small details, or examples of texture.

Art was always more Nik's thing than mine, but that didn't mean I wasn't good at it. It was soothing, it allowed the whole world to disappear for a little while. There just weren't enough hours in a day to have time for peace.

Me and Nik were very different, but I think art, and music is what made us feel connected to each other, even before he knew I was a wolf. "For what it's worth, I am sorry for what I did to you, Kiara. You didn't deserve that."

I never in a million years expected an apology from any of my brother's for anything, but especially from Nik, so it's only fair that I admit my wrong doings as well. "I'm sorry too. I should have told you, I was a wolf." He seemed equally as surprised by my apology. "I was just afraid you'd hate me, if you knew I had the one thing you couldn't have. I didn't want to lose you, or Rebekah, or Elijah, or even Finn."

"Why did you tell Kol?" He asked. "Why him and not me?"

I pause, "I didn't tell Kol. He just happened to be there the night I killed someone, the same night I turned."