Chapter Seven - Kiss and Make Up

Start from the beginning

I give her an old t-shirt and a pair of shorts for her to wear. Elle changes into them and walks out of the bathroom. Instead of going out to the living room though, she walks over to my bedroom and flops down on my bed.

Elle falls asleep not a moment later and I cover her up with some blankets. I grab a blanket off the end of my bed and go out to the living room. I lay down on the couch and fall asleep.

Elle's POV
The next morning, I wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs cooking in the kitchen. I sit up and realize that I'm not in my own bed but Jamie's.

I rack my brain trying to figure out why I'm in Jamie's bed until I remember Julia asking him to take me home last night. I guess because it was so late, Jamie just decided to take me back to his place.

My head is pounding and I look over to the night stand to find a glass of water and a bottle of Advil sitting there. I take two of the Advils with water and get out of bed. I grab the glass of water and go out to the kitchen.

Jamie's in the kitchen when I walk in and Trevor's in the living room on the floor, shaking gifts that are underneath him and Jamie's tree in the corner.

"Z, I know it's Christmas but why do you have to act like a child? Quit shaking those presents. Some of them are breakable. Plus, not all of them are yours." Jamie explains, shaking his head at his roommate.

"Okay. Geez. What are you, my mother?" Trevor says sarcastically. He sits down on the couch and looks over at me. "Oh hey Elle,"

"Hey Trevor," I mutter.

Jamie looks up at me when Trevor says something. He's in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Hi Elle. Want any breakfast?" Jamie asks. I shake my head.

"No. I'm good,"

"How 'bout coffee? I just brewed some," Jamie adds. I shrug.

"Um, sure. I could use some coffee,"

I pour myself a cup of coffee and pour some creamer in with it. I then sit down at one of the barstools at the kitchen counter across from Jamie.

Jamie doesn't look up at me as he cooks Trevor's eggs. I watch him cook the eggs, thinking about what has happened between us in the last forty eight hours. I feel guilty and I remind myself that Jamie did say sorry when I found out. I know that I need to say sorry to him.

"Jamie, I'm really sorry for getting so angry at you. It wasn't right. You said you were sorry and I wasn't willing to listen to you," I explain. Jamie looks up at me and shakes his head.

"No, no. You had a right to be angry. I kept something from you that I shouldn't have, Elle."

"I know, but you did say you were sorry and I didn't accept your apology like I should have." I say. Jamie smiles.

"It's fine, Elle. Really. Like I said, I kept something from you that I shouldn't have."

I stand up and walk around to the other side where Jamie is. I wrap my arms around Jamie's neck and stand on my tiptoes to kiss him on the lips. Jamie runs his hands through my long blonde hair as we deepen the kiss.

Trevor cheers and catcalls us. Jamie pulls away from me and I stick my tongue out at Trevor. Trevor sticks his tongue out too and Jamie rolls his eyes.

"You're such a child, Z."

"Oh yeah? Why don't you tell that to your girlfriend? She started it," Trevor says with a frown.

"I shoulda known he would say that," Jamie mutters, looking over at me. I laugh.

"Honestly, it didn't surprise me either."

"Can we open presents now? It's Christmas," Trevor whines. Jamie laughs.

"Yes. We can open presents now, Trevor. My word, you're like a little child."

Trevor runs over to the tree and sits down on the floor. Jamie hands Trevor his gift from him and Trevor opens excitedly.

"Thanks Jimmy. Surf wax and swim trunks. I've been running low on surf wax and I could use a new pair of swim trunks. Mine are getting worn out," he explains with a smile.

Jamie then hands me a gift and I look over at him with a frown.

"Jamie, you know you didn't have to get me anything." I say. Jamie shrugs.

"I know, but I wanted to."

I open up the present to reveal a pink sundress and a pair of black sandals. I look over at Jamie and he's smiling. I smile back and give him a big hug.

"Thank you, Jamie. The dress and sandals are amazing,"

"Of course. I love you, Elle." Jamie says.

"I love you too, Jamie." I say, kissing Jamie on the lips.

Jamie's POV
Elle convinces me to go to her apartment for Christmas dinner with her parents and her older brother with his wife and daughter.

Before they arrive, Elle gives me the gift she got me. I open it to find a pair of plaid red and black pajama pants. I look up at Elle and she's holding up a matching pair with a smile on her face.

"We can match," she says. I laugh.

"Thanks Elle. They're nice. How did you get my size?"

"I had a little help from Trevor," Elle replies with a shrug.

"I was wondering why I found him rummaging through my drawers looking at my pants," I say. Elle laughs.

"Sorry about that, Jamie."

"It's okay, Elle. It's just weird when you find your roommate in your bedroom looking through your clothes. You know that he said that he was looking through my clothes to find a pair of sweatpants to borrow?" I ask. Elle burst out laughing.

"Really?!"

"Yep. He said that he was out of sweatpants and needed to borrow a pair. I knew he was lying because I found a pair on his bed when I was giving him his laundry," I explain. Elle frowns.

"You two take turns doing laundry?"

"Yep. It's just one of the many agreements we made when we became roommates two years ago," I reply. Elle smiles.

"That's nice. I should probably start working on Christmas dinner before my mom gets here. She always tells me to start without her so everything's ready in time,"

"Okay. I'm gonna go change into my new pajama pants," I say with a smile. Elle laughs.

"Okay. I'll change into mine and we can match,"