Chapter One - First Hockey Cheer Practice

Elle's POV
I walk up to the Honda Center and stare at the entrance. I shut my eyes and take a deep breath before going inside. I walk down the hallway till I get to the double doors of the Power Players office and go inside.

A woman is standing just inside when I arrive and she smiles when she sees me.

"Hi. You must be Elle Cooper," she says. I nod and shake her hand.

"That's me. And you are?"

"Taylor Pasqua. I'm one of the other Power Players and I was sent to retrieve you by our coach," the girl replies. I smile.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Taylor. What are we doing today?"

"Nothing much. Coach is making us practice with the Ducks players today. The good thing is that most of the players are super attractive," Taylor explains, bumping shoulders with me and wiggling her eyebrows. I laugh.

"Good to know,"

*

I pull on a pair of hockey skates and the coach sets my new cheer uniform next to me.

"We're practicing in a few minutes. Try this on after practice to make sure it fits," coach says. I nod.

"Will do, ma'am."

I follow the other girls out to the practice rink and stand off to the side, watching the guys practice.

A girl with dark brown hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin elbows me lightly and I look over at her.

"What?"

"You see those two guys over there?" She asks in a whisper as she points to a player with dirty blonde hair and another player with dark brown hair, both of them having some freckles dotting their noses.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Well, they have to be two of the cutest guys on the team. They're Trevor Zegras and Jamie Drysdale," She explains. I laugh.

"I can see that. What's your name?"

"Julia. Julia Palacio," the girl answers, holding out her hand to shake mine. I shake it and smile.

"Nice to meet you, Julia. I'm Elle Cooper,"

"Nice to meet you, Elle,"

Jamie's POV
"You know that girl I tried to rizz up at the bar last week?" I ask with a smirk. Trevor and Mason wrinkle their noses in disgust.

"Please don't say rizz, Jamie. It's... weird," Trevor mutters. I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. Can we just get back to what I said?"

"Sure. Continue," Mason replies.

"Well, she actually thought I was really cute and invited me to her apartment." I say. Trevor frowns.

"I thought that girl called you obnoxious and asked you to leave her alone?"

"She did but then she changed her mind," I reply. Mason shakes his head.

"No way she did unless she was extremely drunk,"

"Well, she did." I say.

"And your point about this was...?" Trevor asks. I shrug.

"My point is that I can get with pretty much any girl I talk to whether they thought I was a jerk or not,"

"Oh really?" Trevor questions, cocking an eyebrow. I nod and my friend laughs. "Shall we test that theory with a bet?"

"I like that, Z. A bet is always good," Mason says with a smile.

"Yeah. Sure. Let's bet on it," I say. Trevor and Mason exchange glances and smirk.