"We'll all be there in 30 lil ma, tell your mom's thanks for the invite,"

- - -

"I can't eat another bite," Zion said groaning as he climbed into the driver's seat, "But also the pie your mom gave me in a container is gonna hit when I get the munchies later," I chuckled nodding knowing she went overboard with giving doggy bags to the gang that couldn't make it like Naomi and Asher.

"You got a pie to take home, not fair." Zoe exclaimed in the back next to Aubrey, as Aubrey crossed her arms huffing, "Will you share with me? What if I get the munchies?" She said in her adorable little innocent voice causing all 3 of us adults to laugh.

"Aubs I don't think our munchies are the same, but I will definitely leave you some for tomorrow," Zion responded sweetly to her, as I glanced back to see her nodding in approval and then sitting back comfortably as Zion started the car.

"Your moms is so lovely, she really put her guard down once I told her about my upbringing, she thought I was some snobby rich guy growing up in mansions and handed everything," He explained as he began driving back.

"Yeah...you guys hit it off. y'all went off to clear up for thirty minutes, next thing I come into the kitchen to see y'all playing old school songs, drying dishes and dancing,"

"If I took a shot every time your Jamaican mother told me 'Whatcha know bout dis tune right here' tonight, we'd have to Uber home man" He joked earning a laugh from Zoe and I after his Jamaican accent impression was half decent, half exaggerated.

"Not to show off or anything Ken, but she told me the secret ingredient to her chocolate cake whilst I was helping her clear up," He said earning a nudge out of me, "And it really was the best chocolate cake ever,"

"Damn, so you got chocolate cake, pie and also the dessert we ate at the table?" Zoe chimed in

"Well, you could've got some if you weren't too busy talking to Karter," Zion chimed back with a mischievous grin as I laughed, I had seen how close they were bonding but didn't want to mention anything. 

"Yeah, yeah, be quiet," she groaned, popping in her AirPods, clearly not up for any teasing about her very obvious crush on my older brother.

Zion cranked up the radio, brushing his hand against my knee as he reached into the glove box for a mint. Trying not to laugh at his not-so-subtle touch, I accepted the mint and popped it into my mouth. "Thanks," I said quietly, wishing I could just reach over and hold his hand, but with Zoe right there in the back, I held back.

As we pulled back into the hotel and parked, I noticed Aubrey had dozed off.

"I'm gonna run across the street to grab some things from the store. Need anything?" Zoe asked us as she unbuckled. We both shook our heads, and she hopped out.

"I'll scoop up Aubs; can you grab the bag?" Zion asked me. I gathered our things and stepped out, while he effortlessly lifted Aubrey in his arms. She rested her head on his shoulder, instantly drifting back to sleep. "Sleepy girl," he commented, and I couldn't resist capturing the adorable moment with a quick photo.

We reached the lobby and headed straight into the waiting elevator.

"Tired?" Zion inquired as I rubbed my eyes and nodded. "I didn't realize I'd be there for, like, 10 hours. I'm beat," I laughed. "But I'm glad you convinced me to go. It was worth it," I said, smiling at him.

"We gotta fly her out to ATL when the competition ends," Zion suggested, and I took a moment to consider it.

"I'd love that. She's dealing with money problems, working two jobs - catering and at a hair salon," I explained. "My dad had a shoulder injury a couple of years ago, and their income took a hit. He's getting back on his feet, but they're still playing catch-up. They haven't had a vacation in ages." I sighed. "My ultimate goal is to pay off their house."