━━ iv. spilling a secret

Start from the beginning

Ruby shrugged. „Probably. Yeah. But you know what: No."

Cristina asked Meredith unsure of what to do. „Do you wanna cry now?"

„No."

„Okay, lets, lets jog. Ruby you can't jog while smoking!"

*

While getting ready for work in the locker room, the other interns noticed something weird. Alex and Izzie were laughing together. As in laughing about the same thing.

Cristina looked at them. „What is she doing?"

George replied unsure of the whole situation. „She's hanging out with Alex."

„Why?"

George answered loosing his voice. „I dunno. I think... I think they might. Make the lambs stop screaming." He whispered at the end.

After getting ready they all walked in the hallway together.

„You guys are wrong about him, all right? Once you get to know him, he's really sweet."

„He's Alex."

Ruby said disgusted. „He's tried to get in my pants 5 times— yesterday!"

„Hey Grey. Izzie was telling me you have tapes of your mom performing surgery. I'd kill to see the Ellis Grey in action." Alex called back loudly.

Izzie smiled. „Hey you know what? Maybe you can come over tonight and we can all watch it together? Right?"

Meredith, Ruby, Cristina and George looked at Izzie disbelievingly.

„Oh yeah, if this were a hell
dimension." Ruby said sarcastically.

George stopped in front of Izzie. „Do you have a thing for Alex?"

„No." She answered defensively.

Cristina groaned. „Oh."

„I don't."

„As if." Ruby snorted at her response.

„Are we saving lives or having a tea party? Walk faster people." Bailey called annoyed.

Arrived in Mr. Gaston's room. Dr. Bailey's group is surrounding his bed side with Dr. Burke.

Cristina presented. „Mr. Gaston is scheduled for resection non-small cell carcinoma today. He did well overnight, has remained afebrile. He's had a dose of ceftriaxone this morning. He's pre-op labs are unremarkable. His chest x-rays, um, are unchanged from the previous."

Mr. Gaston stated. „I own a couple of dry-cleaning stores. Never believed what they said about inhaling the chemicals, but..."

Burke interrupted him. „We're going to do everything we can for you, Mr. Gaston. Did Oncology see him yet?"

Cristina answered. „Uh, they're waiting for the surgical path."

„Thank you, Dr. Yang."

„You're welcome, Dr. Burke."

They both wouldn't look each other in the eyes.

Bailey, Meredith and Cristina walked through the hall. Ruby walked ahead ready to present.

„I know. I just think you should still tell him about the baby because he'd at least have the responsibility of having to pay."

Cristina turned around and spoke in a loud whisper. „No! You know what? He'll never know. It's over. Once this pregnancy is taken care of, Burke won't even be a blip on my radar. He'll be smudge."