"My Master, Shaak Ti, was a master of defence. She chose not to pursue the aggressive forms of combat; believing fully in the true Jedi ideology. You see, Luke, Jedi were always trained to be keepers of the peace. Violence was supposed to be a last resort; something we would only turn to if there were no other options. We essentially had to readjust our entire belief system; go against everything we were taught as Younglings. The war started unexpectedly, and it didn't end until the Republic fell. We had no time to consider the changes to our beliefs and our livelihoods. We just had to stand up and fight, even if we didn't believe in what we were fighting for.

"The Jedi Order lost its way during the war, and fighting became all we knew. We became blind, unable to see how far we had strayed from our path of goodness. Our young Jedi did not have a chance to learn the truth of our way; they were soldiers, never given the chance to be peacekeepers. Our kind had to resort to violence in the name of our government's idea of peace, which wasn't peace at all.

"Life is rarely what we expect it to be, Luke. We make plans and think we know what our future holds, until one, small moment changes the trajectory of our lives. When these changes happen, we have two choices. We can run, or we can adapt. We have to be resilient, and we must grow from it. You have every right to be anxious and afraid. I would be too. But I promise I will be here every step of the way. I will support you and I will guide through this. You'll never be alone."

Luke nodded in response, afraid uttering a single word would result in endless tears. He had only known her for a couple of rotations, but he already felt more connected to Y/N than anyone else in his life. She understood him and she cared for him; he knew it. He knew Y/N could see fragments of his parents every time she looked at him, and he knew how desperate she would be to keep their memory alive. 

Y/N could sense his anguish; even without a connection to the Force. She did not want him to think about it too deeply - not yet, at least.

"I have something you may be interested in," she said.

Y/N reached into her pocket and revealed a golden cube, embellished with various blue markings. It was exquisite, though, Luke thought, a little odd.

"It's a..," he paused, examining the object, "a cube?"

She chuckled and Luke quickly realized it must have been something far more significant. She handed him the device, waiting for him to figure it out.

Luke held his father's lightsaber in one hand and the cube in the other. He wondered whether it was some kind of magical device, one that could only be activated by the blade of a lightsaber. Y/N seemed to understand his thoughts, for she hastily placed a hand on Luke's and lowered the cube.

"This is called a Holocron. A Jedi Holocron, to be exact. We used it for the relaying of messages and the safekeeping of information."

Luke picked up the Holocron and attempted to pry it open. He twisted and pulled the cube in all directions, though nothing seemed to work.

He held it out to Y/N, "I think it's broken."

She laughed gently, and while Luke felt somewhat embarrassed, he could not deny the comfort he felt within the presence of her laughter.

"Holocrons contain all the secrets of the Jedi Order, Luke. They're a bit better protected than that,"

"Then how do I open it?" He asked curiously.

"We meditate," she replied, as thought the answer were obvious. 

Luke laughed, truly believing Y/N was joking. When she did not join in on the laughter, he quickly stopped himself.