Chapter 15

An entire year has passed since Han Solo transported (Y/N) Skywalker to Tatooine. In that time, she has not achieved anything that she had planned.

Her initial idea was to find her son, Luke, and train him into a Jedi capable of destroying Darth Sidious and everything he stands for. After all these years, she was finally going to be the mother he deserved; the mother she has always dreamt of being.

Sadly, fear prevented her from achieving this goal.

The desert of Tatooine is barren in all locations, even those small, dusty areas the civilians claim as towns feel empty. In most places, it simply feels as though all life has been drained from the planet.

Despite the beaming rays of the twin suns, (Y/N) feels cold. She is no stranger to the suffocating feeling of dread combined with incomparable guilt, yet the burning gaze of the suns seems to remind her of the loss this has led to.

For a year, she has focused on one thing; avoiding her past. She has held onto the credits she acquired whilst acting as a bounty hunter, instead of surviving off trades made as a scrapper. She has pulled apart old ships and occasionally stolen goods off obnoxious creeps in the cantina of Mos Eisley.

Her life has been calm for a while, well, calm for someone who lives in secret.

Since giving her ship, the Millennium Falcon, to Han Solo, (Y/N) has found herself feeling more lost than usual. While in possession of the ship, she would simply fly around the silent vacuum of space to clear her mind. If that didn't work, she would explore a completely new planet.

Now that she does not have the same luxuries, (Y/N) had to resort to a slightly different method of escape. She used some of the Imperial credits she gained through her time as a bounty hunter to provide her with the necessities; food, water, shelter, and transport.

The shelter (Y/N) acquired is a small hut located in the desert; away from the cities and far from the nearest home. She never gets visitors, apart from the occasional Jawa looking to make a trade.

Beneath the blazing twin suns of Tatooine, (Y/N) and Arthree trail the dunes of the surface world with their land speeder.

They have spent their day within the city of Mos Espa gathering supplies. They don't need many things, only the essential items needed for them to survive. Luckily, they still have plenty of credits from their bounty hunting days to aid them with these purchases.

As they trail beneath the glare of the twin suns, the speeder dips harshly to one side. The dip is accompanied by a clunking sound and an unmissable cloud of smoke. The engine is experiencing its latest problem; the second one of the week. Unfortunately, this one already seems worse than some of its previous faults.

(Y/N) steadily gains control over the wheel and holds it tightly. If she relinquishes control now, the speeder has a high chance of losing its ability to hover, which will result in a horrific crash.

She gets the controls into a solid lock, resulting in the speeder coming to a complete stop.

"Alright, Arthree, it's your turn to fix it," She states.

Arthree argues, firmly believing she should not be the one to fix the speeder.

"No?" (Y/N) repeats. "What do you mean "no"? I fixed it last time."

Arthree beeps sassily in response. If there is someone out there who hates sand more than Anakin Skywalker, it's Arthree.

(Y/N) sighs. "Fine, but you owe me one."

Arthree rocks from side to side, happy to have won this battle. (Y/N) reaches into the back of her speeder and grabs a small box of tools.

She jumps out of the speeder to assess the damage at the rear. She trudges through the hot sand until she reaches the location of the speeder's issues. (Y/N) kneels on the ground and begins to survey the damage lying before her.