Chapter 7

Kang Seulgi

"Sunmi"

We both looked at the girl hugging me as she spoke. Ms. Bae had a blank expression and was glaring at Sunmi.

"Irene! It's you! How are you?" The girl hugging me said with a smile.

"What are you doing here, Sunmi?" Ms. Bae raised an eyebrow.

Sunmi shrugged. "Why, is it wrong for me to be here? Are you the only ones allowed to eat here? I'm here because I'm hungry. Hungry for someone. Rawr!" She chuckled.

I mentally cringed. If this is really my girlfriend, Lord, pass please. How did I even like someone like her? I'm a playgirl, but I don't go for this kind of person.

"I didn't say you're not allowed here, Sunmi. What I'm trying to say is, why are you touching my property?" Ms. Bae gave Sunmi a fierce look. If looks could kill, then this girl beside me would go straight to heaven or hell?

"Do you want to go to heaven early? Just say the word and I'll send you there now. Have I not told you before to stay away from us?" Her tone was darker than before.

Sunmi laughed and let go of me. "I told you. Just chill, Bae! I was just kidding with you. You're so serious." She smiled as she patted my shoulder.

"I was just removing the dirt from my baby's shoulder-uh, I mean, your baby's shoulder." She teased.

"Tsk." Ms. Bae sighed. "Let's go, Kang." She turned away.

"You haven't changed, Irene. You're still possessive." Sunmi laughed. "That's why no one can get close to Seul-"

Sunmi didn't finish what she was saying when a cake suddenly flew towards her face.

My eyes widened as Ms. Bae threw a cake at Sunmi. I breathed a sigh of relief when Sunmi managed to dodge it.

Ms. Bae is cool and she even brought a cake. What a vibe.

"Phew!" Sunmi said, holding her chest. "That's close! You're something else, Irene! Do you want to dirty my clothes?"

"Will you shut up or do I have to make you?" Ms. Bae threatened.

Sunmi closed her mouth and pretended there was a zipper. "Here, I'll be quiet now."

"Good. Shut up if you don't want to disappear from Earth. Let's go, Kang." She left so I followed.

I discreetly looked back. Sunmi was waving goodbye to me. She said something but I couldn't read her lips.

Ms. Bae and Sunmi seem like rivals. I wonder what happened between them. I need to question Sunmi. I have a strong feeling she knows me. She wouldn't say those words if not, right?

I stopped as I remembered something. I gently held her wrist to make her stop. She stopped and looked at me. "What is it?"

I scratched my neck. "Uh.. Ms., I haven't used the restroom yet. That's actually my purpose. I need to use the bathroom so bad." I replied shyly, bowing my head. I couldn't look her in the eye. I felt nervous, even though I didn't say anything wrong.

Ms. seems too eager to leave. I need to pee. I feel like my bladder will explode.

"Okay, let's go. I'll accompany you in case you meet some parasites." She replied and went ahead.

What? I shook my head and quickly followed her. I entered the bathroom and locked the door. Of course, it's better to lock the door, right? I quickly finished my business because I felt embarrassed keeping my Professor waiting outside.

I was surprised when I opened the door because Ms. Bae's face was right in front of me. Her face was so close, a slight move and I would have kissed her lips.

I quickly stepped back and cleared my throat. "Ah, let's go?"

She continued to stare at me, staring at my face. I awkwardly scratched my neck and looked down.

I feel uncomfortable with her stares.

Ms. Bae cleared her throat and turned away. I followed her out. We returned to our table and I saw there was food. She must have ordered while I was away.

"There's so much food." I said unconsciously. Can we finish all of this? It's enough for three people.

"This is all for us. Eat well, Kang."

I turned around and pulled a chair for Ms. I saw her surprise so I stopped too. Why did I do that?

I don't know, I just felt like I should pull a chair for Miss. It's like muscle memory, it's engraved in my system.

"I-uh.. Take a seat, please." I said awkwardly. When she sat down, I sat down too.

I went to the other side and sat down. Since I was also hungry, I started eating.

I tried their chicken teriyaki first. The chicken is so flavorful that I almost forgot my name. You can taste the sweetness with a little bit of sourness that makes the dish balanced.

Of course, I paired it with rice. The main dish is life but rice is lifer. I was busy minding my own business when Ms. Bae put a piece of pork on my plate.

"Try this."

I dipped it in sauce before taking a bite. "Hmm.. This is good, also."

Ms. Bae smiled. "I also ordered your favorite doenjang jjigae (soybean paste stew), try this too." She handed me a bowl.

I thanked her. "Wait. How did you know this is my favorite?" I asked in surprise.

"Uhh I heard it from your friends when you guys were talking before."

I nodded but I wasn't convinced. I shrugged it off and continued eating. I accidentally looked at the couple next to us.

They were happily eating and feeding each other. Not minding other people, they were in their own world.

I smiled a little as I looked at them. That's how I want it to be if I ever have a partner someday, but I don't believe in love. It just brings headaches.

"Open your mouth." I was brought back to reality when Ms. spoke.

She must have noticed me looking at the couple. My cheeks reddened. "Come on, open your mouth, baby." I blushed even more at what she said.

I opened my mouth and she fed me. I don't know what got into me, but I decided to tease her.

After I finished chewing, I took a bite of her chopsticks and slowly licked the end. "Hmm... Yummy, thank you, Honey." I said with my eyes closed and then opened them, winking at her.

I chuckled when her cheeks turned red and she looked away. Two can play that game, Honey.