"You don't think I can see what this is?" Sam asked.

"What are you talking about?" Dean asked. 

"He's a substitute for dad, isn't he? A poor one."

"Okay, well, um, this has been fun. Let's be done with this conversation, huh?" I suggested. 

"Shut up, Sam." Dean turned around, beginning to walk away. 

"He's not even close, Dean. Not on his best day." Sam continued.

Dean turned back to his brother. "You know what? I'm not gonna talk about--"

"You slap on this big, fake smile, but I can see right through it. I know how you feel." Sam says. "Dad's dead, and he left a hole and it hurts so bad you can't take it. But you can't just fill that hole with whoever you want to. It's an insult to his memory."

"Well, you know, my dad's dead too, but I just cry by myself in the shower. Let's do that. Okay? Never talk about it again." I laughed nervously. "Sound good?" 

"Okay." Dean nodded his head before throwing a punch and hitting Sam in the jaw.

"Okay, are we good now? Can we not do this?" I asked. 

Sam regained himself, holding a hand to his jaw. "You hit me all you want. It won't change anything." 

"I'm going to that nest. You don't wanna tell me where it is, fine. I'll find it myself." Dean turned and walked back toward the motel room.

"Dean Winchester, you stop it right now!" I stormed after him. 

"Not now, Si." Dean huffed. 

"Yes, now." I say. "I know you're hurting, but that doesn't mean you go chop heads off of things that don't need their heads chopped off. I get it if hunting helps, but it doesn't mean kill the things that aren't hurting people." 

"I said not now, Saige." Dean pushed through the motel door. "Gordon?" He called out once realizing he wasn't here.

"Oh, look, the sketchy man is gone. Shocker." I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"Shove it, sweetheart." Dean patted my arm. 

"You think he went after them?" Sam asked.

"Probably." 

"We have to stop him."

"Really? Because I say we lend a hand." 

"Just give me the benifit of the doubt, would you? You owe me that." Sam says. 

"Yeah, we'll see. I'll drive. Give me the keys." Dean held out his hand. 

Sam pointed to the dresser where he left the keys only to see they were no longer there. "He snaked the keys."

"What? You mean our best friend Gordon stole the keys to our car so we can't follow him?" I asked. "He would never." 

Dean gave me a 'really' look.

___

"I can't believe this." Dean muttered as he hot wired the Impala. "I just fixed her up too." 

The engine sputtered before roaring to life.

"The bridge, is that all you got?" Dean asked, looking over at Sam then to me. 

"The bridge was four and a half minutes from their farm." Sam stated, eyes downcast onto the map he held. 

"How do you know?" Dean asked.

"I counted." Sam answered. 

"They took a left out of the farm, then right onto a dirt road." I added, pointing to the map.