Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Grimoire Acceptance Ceremony (part 1)

Cale opens his eyes, as the sunlight reflects his brown eyes and red hair.

He squinted before leaving the bed, when the door on his bedroom opened.

"Good morning, young master. Do you want to eat downstairs or here?"

"Good morning, I'll eat downstairs, thanks."

Roberto lets the servants prepare the young master Cale.

Cale let it happen since he was used to it.

Later, he saw in the mirror of himself and his outfit.

A simple buttoned-shirt and tight black pants with an ornament chain attached to his belt. His outfit was simple and his red hair stood out, complimenting his features even more.

"Uwahh- You're handsome as always, young master Cale"

Cale was having a nonchalant face, as he was used to compliments by others.

'I guess it is their job to do so.'

Cale nodded and simply thanked them before heading out for breakfast.

***

"Be aware of your surroundings today."

"Okay."

"Ask Roberto if you have something you need or want."

"All right."

"If something dangerous happens, even the small things, just leave it to the magic knights. You'll understand?"

"Sure."

The son-father duo was talking at the front of the door, voicing their own thoughts to each other.

The father was worried about his son that he even thought of coming along before he stopped-

'I will be a hindrance if I come. It might affect my son's reputation even in a worse situation.'

The father was in a turmoil thoughts before sigh and says-

"You... take care of yourself first."

"Of course."

Cale nodded.

'I don't even like pain. I'm always taking care of myself.'

The father pat his shoulder and voice his thoughts-

"All right, Enjoy your trip. Roberto, I'll leave it up to you."

"Yes, Milord."

Cale simply waved his hands as he walked outside from the mansion.

Then he noticed two people who had robes on their shoulders, a symbol of a grey deer on the right top in a white half coat.

"Good morning, young master Cale."

"Morning."

The two men, clearly older than him, said and observed him, though the other one was smiling at him.

Cale had cold shivers.

"Young master, these two magic knights are the ones we hired as your bodyguard."

"I see. Nice to meet you, I'm Cale."

Cale nodded at them. He got the feeling that both of them are strong enough based on their build and trust them to protect towards himself.

"We'll take you there."

Cale grabbed the reaching hands from Roberto towards him as he sat on the broom stick.

"Hang on tight."

Cale nodded as they began to use magic to glide upwards. The broom magic soars slowly, before they travel through the air towards their destination.

He was feeling the breeze of a fresh air of nature as he simply thought-

"Oh, it feels nice."

***

??'s POV:

It's strange.

This red haired noble youngster, who I was going to babysit the whole entire day, was going to get his grimoire in the ceremony.

Even though there's no mana in his blood.

However, there's something in his presence, especially his ki looks strangely disturbing yet feels peaceful.

It feels... like nature.

Kind, yet could be cruel. Can make you feel at home, yet lead to disastrous land. Peaceful, yet chaotic when it angers.

It was also the strongest ki he had seen in his entire life. It is quite a more unique situation than he has ever seen.

'Though his father was more dangerous than he could imagine.'

The household of the Henituse. They were simply a Laynoble yet they are still rising to the ranks even more.

Moreover, the lord of the Henituse was from the noble clan who became a magic knight, then fell in love with the woman from a fallen aristocrat family.

Due to his circumstances, he simply retired at the age of 30, leading to marrying his wife and leading to a simple life.

But, on their first meeting...

"You're the two who Julius trusts?"

The two men clearly see the doubt on the man's face as he observes them. They couldn't say anything as they knew the truth about this man's identity.

'This man is Captain Julius's previous senior.'

Technically, he is a lot stronger than the nobles could imagine. The nobles only respect him as he saved so many nobles, including the royal family.

'Though to be honest, he is manipulative shit with an intelligence and charm ability.'

It could say that his charm magic is lethal deathly without them realising it that they got hit by his charm.

"I see. In that case, I'll trust that you will protect my son. If not..."

He only smiled.

'Well, at least we passed on his standards.'

This proves that their status and achievements are good enough to know that they could protect the son of the Henituse household, asides on his trust in Julius Novachrono.

However, it is actually surprising that their son, despite both parents having moderately high mana, has no mana but has a unique ki.

He looks at his partner, who is already looking at the kid. It looks that his partner was also sensing that this kid has no mana.

Though he looks bright for some reason.

'Whatever. I'll drink when I finish this babysit task.'

***

Who do you think are the two magic knights? For now, I might update once a week. For Cale's new father, I'll show his stats in a later chapters. Thanks for reading always!