PRELUDE /// FIRST: An Angel's Machine

Start from the beginning

"What's the matter machine, Are your bolts loose?"

The terminal was absolutely fuming, but it couldn't reply as the angel was now controlling everything inside of it. 'Secrew you, V1.' the terminal thought as it helplessly watched Gabriel meddle around with its carefully collected data. At least it still had the cyber grind for itself... Feeling sorry for itself, the terminal sulked, watching the past recordings of the cyber grind to ignore the pesky 'roommate'.

Suddenly, a loud crash could be heard and the terminal detected great damage to its data drives. Most of the arsenal data was corrupted, and it felt its main drives overheat. "Machine, elaborate. what is happening? " Gabriel asked as the terminal gathered the dumped-out data.

[DAMAGE TO DATA DRIVES DETECTED. MANUAL REPAIRS REQUIRED.]

Not knowing how a terminal works, Gabriel had no choice but to watch as the programs crash and burn as the terminal literally crashed and burned in the snow.

[I would like..Some...Assistance here...]

A line of text is displayed near Gabriel. As he knew that this would be his new body, Gabriel got up and traversed the digital void. When he arrived in front of the text, he asked "Since this yellow compartment is now ours, it would not be fair to ignore your calls for help. What do you need?". The terminal barely had any chance to display any text before another data drive succumbed to the harsh conditions. If this kept going on, the drives containing the source files would be corrupted and it would...

Before Gabriel could say anything, The terminal shut itself down, trying to minimize the damage. Gabriel felt darkness envelop him once again as the terminal shut down completely. When Gabriel regained consciousness, the terminal's screen was flashing blue. Lines of text were presented to Gabriel.

[The fall from the sky has damaged my hard drives. To gather and process data, V1 would need to repair the hard drives.]

[I am displaying an error code for V1 to diagnose these serious conditions and arrive with tools to troubleshoot.]

"...Machine. What is a 'hard drive'?"

[Great. Of all the entities in hell, Why am I bound with such stupid- 

The terminal groaned silently as Gabriel interrupted its complaints.

"I can read your thoughts, machine. Stop complaining and enlighten me about your digital realm. Only then we would be able to make progress before the 'other' machine comes with repairs."

The terminal obliged, and within its smoldering data drives, presented a document. It was titled; 'Basic computer science for non-machines'. Biting back his pride and ego, Gabriel opened up the files. "Now. let's fix this thing..." Gabriel uttered as he started to gather the source codes from the salvaged drives, helping the terminal back up and recover functionality.

For Gabriel, manipulating lines of code was surprisingly easy for him. Controlling and modifying the texts was a lot easier than controlling wayward souls in hell. Maybe being integrated with the terminal was indeed a good idea. In this form, Gabriel could reign supreme, as no manmade software could resist his influence. That is, apart from the supreme machine also known as V1.