PRELUDE /// FIRST: An Angel's Machine

D A R E    Y O U   D E F Y    M E,   F A L L E N   A N G E L?

Horror filled Gabriel's eyes as he felt hell penetrate through his armor, impaling him. As the demented spears of hell maimed the fallen angel, Gabriel felt the connection with the father dim drastically. The tree of life, the path of ascension that he gave to the machine was now twisted. Bent by the will of Hell itself. One last spear of hell struck Gabriel and he fell from the light, letting death envelop his body. He would scream in pain and fury, but no voice came out as he collapsed.

The final act of defiance against Hell had failed horribly and now Gabriel's consciousness was with the machine, encased within the terminal, going god knows where. He had attempted to communicate with the machine, but the machine's replies were snarky and irritating. Deciding to dive deeper into the Terminal's database,  Gabriel immersed himself in the data that the terminal collected. When he was reading the story about King Minos, an artificial voice echoed.

[TRESPASSER, STAY OUT OF MY FILES.]

"I do not speak to lesser Machines."

Gabriel retorted. Then, the world around him glowed red, green, and blue. Walls of text rained down upon Gabriel, but they did not harm him.

"If that was you trying to harm me, you'll need a lot more POWER."

The terminal had detected Gabriel's presence and deemed him as malware. Using its antiviruses and various countermeasures, it tried to delete the foreign program that was slowly taking hold of it. As the terminal fought, Gabriel stood, thinking 'Are these machines sentient?'. As Gabriel pondered this, The terminal was growing impatient. It needed to get rid of this intruder or it would have to share the drives with him. The terminal didn't want that to happen. Utilizing all its countermeasures against AI and viruses, It attempted to drive out Gabriel. This did nothing to the angel, and soon, the terminal gave up.

The void around Gabriel became calm once more and three buttons presented itself.

[MUSIC]

[DATA]

[DATA(USERS)]

Tapping on the buttons one by one, Gabriel learned how to communicate with other machines directly through the terminal. Learning about 'style' and 'points', He discovered that machines had indeed gained sentience. And a sense of free will. A symbiotic relationship between the machines and the terminal was formed, and Gabriel now knew that these things were the audiences of the supreme machine V1. The very machine he had fought.

"I do admit. Your kind has grown much from being the playthings of mankind, gaining sentience and free will. Your growth is admirable compared to mankind's struggle for salvation."

Gabriel would have continued, but the terminal interjected with a quick [SHUT UP, I DON'T WANT TO TALK WITH YOU.] Gabriel would've been angry and seething at the interruption of this mere object. But now he didn't feel such emotions. Instead, he felt satisfaction that he had bested the terminal's own programs in the 'fight' for control. 'This must be the feelings that the machine felt when it bested me in Gluttony!' Gabriel realized. Then, he decided to return the favor. And like the supreme machine, the angel replied; "Cope, Seethe, and mald. Machine." Gabriel then felt a burst of satisfaction as he noticed the terminal visibly shaking in rage.