fifty; slapped

Mulai dari awal

I lick my dry lips. "He thought I cheated on him."

"Given you were at a sex party, even though you didn't do anything. You expect him not to be concerned?"

My body twists to face her. "I wanted him to trust me."

Reign's eyes are glistening as she nods. "I understand that. I do."

"But whilst all that shit was going on, Henry pulled me from the party in my drunken state and tried it on with me. I didn't want to be anywhere near him and when I didn't engage with his advantages, he drugged me and tied me in silver and buried me in a box to die."

She blinks rapidly, lips parting in shock. "Milo... what?"

"Nate found me," I whisper. "But I wish that he didn't."

"No," her voice cracks. "Don't say that."

I shrug, another tear rolling down my cheeks. "But I mean it. It felt peaceful, knowing I would never fuck up anyone else's life."

"You haven't fucked up my life," Reign sniffles when tears invade her cheeks. Her hand slides up my arm and she cups my shoulder. "You made it better, you helped me realise that I belong. Just like you do. You mean so much to all of us. If I lost you, I'd lose a piece of my soul."

My lips purse so harshly that it begins to hurt. "Everyone should soon realise that they would be better off without me."

"No," she bites at me. "Stop sprouting this bullshit at me. You don't realise how much you are loved, how much we adore you and would not be ourselves without you. You've left an imprint on every single person you've met. All you're seeing right now is the bad things, when there are a thousand good things you've done for all of us."

I glance down at the wall again. "It's for the best."

"The doctor is coming up to check you over," Reign says loudly. "I also asked Layla to do a session with you today to help you out of this silly mindset that you're so convinced is true. When it's not. You are breaking me, Milo. I hate seeing you like this, I hate knowing that I can't do anything to help you."

"I don't want to see a doctor." My head shakes.

Reign laughs quietly but it's humourless. "And Nate said that's exactly what you'll say. I don't care if I have to force you. You're seeing a doctor, especially after what you just told me."

As if on cue, there is a knock at the door. Reign walks over to open it and I glance away when the doctor, Samuel, walks in. "Hi, Milo." He says gently. "How are you feeling?"

"I'll wait outside," Reign dismisses herself.

I huff out a breath and face the wall again. If I don't let the doctor see me over, I'll never hear the end of it from Reign. So I let him do what he needs to do. First he checks me for injuries, concussion, dehydration.

He takes his time and I don't rush him. I barely give him anything back.

But when he's done and he agrees that I'm slightly dehydrated, I reassure him that I'll drink more water to get my body back on-track. He notes that I'm physically and mentally drained which isn't hard to see, he says to get some food and go back to sleep to get as much rest as possible.

Reign thanks the doctor when he opens the door and steps back inside. "Everything okay?"

"Unfortunately," I murmur as I stand from the bed.

"Stop it," she exhales and walks around the roof to give me a hug. She practically falls into my chest but I'm too weak to even think about wrapping my own arms around her. "Please. Just stop. You are so special to me. I love you, Milo. I love you so much."