Chapter Three

The sounds of clanking metal and the roars of dragons filled the cave creating an atmosphere of fear and pain. The young leader of the dragon hunters leaned over her desk reanalyzing the maps and notes. Finding nothing new she let out a scream of frustration startling the commander that had come to relay his report.

Clearing his throat he earned the attention of the brunette. "Kelda, our scouts have returned and have confirmed that Viggo is indeed on Drakeholm Isal."

Kelda's eyes narrowed, a mix of anger and determination flashing across her face. "You were right again Chief Haldor. I'll make sure that snake pays for what he's done." A sinister smile made its way onto her face as she continued quietly talking to herself.

The commander hesitated for a moment before continuing, "They seem to be preparing for something. Our scouts couldn't gather much information, but it appears they're aware of our presence."

Kelda slammed her hand on the table, her frustration boiling over. "No more games. Gather the troops. We strike at dawn. I want Viggo captured, and I want that island under our control. We'll crush any resistance and secure the dragons for our operation!"

The commander saluted and quickly left the tent to carry out Kelda's orders. Alone in her makeshift command center, Kelda took a deep breath, her mind racing with thoughts of revenge and conquest.

Meanwhile, the infiltration team led by Viggo and Brynhildr carefully approached the eastern entrance of the enemy base. The cover of darkness and the natural terrain allowed them to remain undetected so far. Stormwalker, with his sleek scales and silent movements, blended seamlessly with the shadows, making their approach even more covert.

As they neared the entrance, Brynhildr signaled for the team to halt. She crouched down, surveying the area for any signs of guards or patrols. With a series of hand signals, she communicated the plan to the team members. Stealth was their ally, and they moved with the precision of a well-trained unit.

Viggo's heart raced as they reached the entrance. The memories of his past deeds threatened to resurface, but he pushed them aside, focusing on the task at hand. The team infiltrated the base silently, avoiding any unnecessary confrontation.

Inside the cave, the sounds of clashing metal and the distant roars of captive dragons echoed. Viggo guided the team through the twisting passages, relying on his knowledge of the layout. The goal was to reach the leader's tent and gather crucial information before the enemy struck at dawn.

They approached the darker corner where the tent stood, and Viggo motioned for the team to take positions. Stormwalker, perched on a ledge overlooking the area, maintained a vigilant watch. Brynhildr, with her hand on the hilt of her sword, nodded to Viggo, indicating that it was time to proceed.

As Viggo cautiously opened the flap of the tent, he caught a glimpse of Kelda immersed in her maps and plans. The room was dimly lit by a single lantern, casting eerie shadows on the walls. Looking around he tried to map out a way to gather the information needed without being spotted by the young women.

Viggo silently moved through the tent, avoiding creaky floorboards and staying in the shadows. His eyes darted between Kelda and the scattered papers on the table, it would be impossible to get a hold of the parchments while Kelda was still inside the tent, and if she was anything like how he remembered her she wouldn't be leaving anytime soon.

"Ah, Viggo. How nice of you to turn yourself in," Kelda said, her eyes never leaving the maps. Viggo froze, his hand still gripping the flap of the tent. He hadn't expected Kelda to sense his presence so quickly. The tension in the air was palpable as he considered his next move.