"Do you guys know when dinner is gonna be?" Luffy questioned. "I am starving."

     "I bet you are." Zoro teased.

     "Zorooo. I'm trying to change the subject" Luffy whined.

      Sanji looked between the two of them as he began to piece things together. His eyebrows hiked up in realization. "OH!"

     Luffy could feel his cheeks getting hot. He definitely was not doing a good job at lying. He never could lie, even if it was important. "Oi! Why don't we talk about anything else?!"

    "Oh no, I think we should talk about this!" Zoro exclaimed.

     "Do you love herrrr?" Sanji swooned, leaning his cheek on his hand.

    "He does! Look at him blush" Zoro chimed in.

    "Stop it you guys!" Luffy whined. "We haven't gotten that far yet."

    "Yet?!" Sanji echoed. "Hey, did you hear that? Yet."

     "I heard." Zoro teased.

     "It's only a matter of time!" Sanji exclaimed, stars in his eyes. Luffy puffed out his cheeks. His whole face was red and his ears were burning hot.

    "I mean it guys! Stop it!" Luffy yelled. He felt like he was going to start tearing up. His blood was boiling with embarrassment.

    "Love love love. Our captain is in looooove" Sanji sang as Zoro laughed.

    "Shhh, someone is gonna hear you guys!" Luffy hissed, feeling like he was gonna explode.

     "Not our fault your are love struck."

     "King of the pirates or King of loooove?"

    "SHUT UP!" Luffy roared. "I DON'T LOVE MISAKI! I HAVE GOALS OK? I'M NOT ABOUT TO LET SOME GIRL DISTRACT ME! CAUSE I MAY LIKE HER BUT I DON'T LOVE HER! I WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH HER! EVER!"

    Both Sanji and Zoro cringed. They tried to stop him when they realized but it was too late.

    "Misaki, we can explain." Zoro lamented.

     A shiver went up Luffy's spine. He slowly turned around to see Misaki standing in the doorway. Her hair was wet and clung to her face as she bit her lip. His jaw dropped for a split second. Say something. He opened his mouth again to call out to her but nothing came out. By the time he called her name, she was already turning on her heel to leave.

               ___________________

      "M' wait!" Luffy called out. I walked faster. I can't do this right now. In my head I knew that we had only just begun. It was early. I knew that this would be something that could burn fast and die, or something that would build to last. I knew he probably was getting teased and just said what he said to get them off his back. But none of that mattered to me right then. Some girl. Never. It hurt. My heart ached at those words, and it broke me. And I knew that right then, I needed to put space between us. Before I said something I didn't mean.

       So I turned tail. I took off, brushing past Nami and Robin, ducking away from Brook and Chopper, and shrugging off Franky and Jimbei as I zigzagged through the ship. I needed to be alone. I brought myself to the aquarium. The place I went to be alone. And then I realized. He would find me there. So I kept going, heading toward Robin's study. I had a feeling that would be the last place he would look. But I never made it there. It's a real drag how fast Luffy can be when he wants to be. I felt him grasp my wrist, calling my name. My face grew red with frustration. Go away.

             _________________

    "Misaki!" Luffy exclaimed as he grasped at her wrist, his fingers brushing against the heart charm.

    Misaki stopped but refused to face him. Luffy's heart beat a little faster. He gulped.

   "Misaki look at me!" Luffy waited for a moment for her to turn around. When she refused he continued. "Look, Zoro and Sanji were just pushing my buttons. I was just trying to get them to shut up! Honest!"

   Luffy waited again for any kind of response, but she refused to move even a muscle. She stood like a statue frozen in time.

    "I never expected you to hear any of that! I like you a lot, Misaki! I don't want you to be mad! I was just trying to get them to stop!" Luffy rambled. He kept rambling for what felt like forever. He eventually stopped, realizing he was repeating himself. Misaki didn't move.

    "Misaki?"

     Nothing.

    "Misaki, please say something."

      Silence.

    "Misaki!"

      ...

     "I won't let go until you talk to me!"

     ....

   "M'!"

    "That's enough, Luffy!" Misaki turned to look at him. Tears were streaming down her face, making Luffy flinch. "Do you think I don't realize why you said it? You still said it! It sucked. It hurt. I am allowed to feel hurt!"

    "I never said you weren't —"

    "And you know what?! It doesn't matter anymore." She said, ripping her hand away from him.

    "Misaki" All he could do was say her name. He felt like the biggest idiot in the world.

     "Because you could drop me off at some random island for all I care!"

     "I would never—!"

     "—Never? What? Like how you will never love me? How about you do me a favor and stop leading me on?!" She said, pushing him. His heart felt like it was crumbling.

    "I'm not—!"

     "Well you could have fooled me!" She said, pinching her eyes shut as tears continued to stream down her face. He wanted to make it better.

    "Misaki, I'm sorry!" He pleaded, reaching out to her. She smacked his hand away. It felt like she hit him right in his soul.

    "You hurt me!" She exclaimed.

    "I didn't mean to!" He pleaded.

    "You know what? How about you take this back." She said, pinching at her wrist before throwing her charm bracelet at him.

    "You don't want it?" Luffy said, frowning as he looked down at the little gold trinket in his hand.

     "I don't want this either!" She said, throwing the scarf to the ground. She didn't want to do that, but she was so embarrassed and upset that she wasn't thinking about what she was doing.

     "I..." Luffy didn't know what to say, dropping to his knees to grab at the scarf that she half-hazard-ly balled up and threw to the ground. His chest hurt. It actually felt like his heart was getting stabbed. "What can I do?" He muttered.

    "You can find a way to get me home." She said shortly. "To my world! I want to go home!"