You're still running.

There'd been no noises for a few seconds, but they're back now. Multiple.

Nick slows down, Merwin shoves his arm off him, "I'll kill em all..." he murmurs, his voice weak.

"The hell is going on!" Kay exclaims.

Jason shivers slightly, "I don't know man, it was not supposed to play out like this"

Nicks radio goes off, he places his finger to his ear, "Any call signs this is King. Contact, contact! Taking fire! Does anyone copy? Over"

You faintly hear her voice, the sound being reverberated through the emptiness of you surroundings.

"That's Rachel!" He exclaims, eyes lighting up slightly.

"King. This is Mailman Two-One Actual. Say again. Over" Jason keeps his eyes locked onto the darkness ahead of you four, prepared for that thing to jump out. He repeats himself again, but to no avail. "Dammit!" He sighs and grabs Merwin, dragging him along again.

He manages to shrug him off, "Let me go. Listen, you leave me here"

"He's slowing us down" Nick whispers, "We need to get to Rachel"

"I said leave me. Go! I'll hold them off!"

"Merwin, those are not Iraqis, there's no holding them off!" You complain to him, not wanting to leave him to die on his own.

"Whatever the fuck they are, they're mine" he grunts, holding a pistol into the air.

Jason thinks for a split-second, time becoming precious, "I'm not leaving a man behind. No fucking way!"

"Then you die with me" he speaks between slight grunts as the two boys carry him away by his shoulders.

You get closer to another opening, you can hear the distant sound of someone struggling.

Sounds like Eric...

You speed up faster, running ahead of the boys. "Y/n, wait!" Jason shouts.

"I think I hear Eric" you slow down slightly.

"Okay, but just wait for us, we'll go in first" he speaks again.

"But he could be in danger, what if we take too long and he's dead by the time we get there?" You try to defend yourself, eagerly wanting to see if he's okay.

"I said to wait, did I not?!" He snaps. There's that serious side you were waiting to see, didn't think it would be aimed towards you. "Get behind us." he directs.

Unsure of how to feel, you do as he says, waiting for them to quickly pass by you.

It's silent for the rest of the short trip to Eric's location.

"Rachel!" You hear him yell.

You rush over to him, leaving Jason and Nick. He's crouched on the floor, "Eric? You okay?"

He spins at the sound of your voice, his eyes widen when he sees you. You jog up to him, he opens his arms and crushes you in a hug. "We- We were ambushed by the enemy" he still doesn't release you as he talks, You hear Nick walk over, knowing it's him as he steps heavier than Jason does. "He open fired on us.... And Rach..."

He begins to sob. You hold him tighter, rubbing his back comfortingly.

"She fell." He lets go of you finally, wiping a hand down his face in disbelief. "I held on as hard as I could. I swear. But she was taking me down with her. I had to cut the rope"

Nick walks over to the edge, his shoulders dropping along with any facial expression he had, "Rachel!" He mimics Eric's earlier actions.

"We gotta move!" Jason intervenes. You can't help but roll your eyes. His sudden change in demeanour causes you to feel the same way. "Colonel, we're sitting ducks" he makes his way over to you, "We need to fall back, now"

"Over there!" Nick points to a lit up space.

"Let's go" Jason shouts, returning back to Merwin to pull him to the safer spot.

You walk through a massive archway, admiring it and all the statues scattered through the corridor.

"Slow down. He could still be here" Eric whispers.

"The Iraqis are the least of our worries" you tell him, he looks to you, eyebrows drawn together.

Jason observes, looking for any of the things, "They're not followin'. This is Mailman Two-One Actual to all call signs. How copy? Over" Silence on the radio. "Joey report in, over"

"Joeys dead" you face him.

"The fuck you talkin' about?" He asks.

"What do you think" you quip back "the Iraqis tore right through him. He died in my arms"

Jason sighs, shaking his head and looking down, "Awh no, not Joey". He's quiet for a few seconds, "The hell are we gonna get out of this?"

You walk into a larger room, pushing the doors into it shut.

"We gotta lock this place down" Kolchek commands. "Form a defensive perimeter and buy ourselves some goddamn breathing space"

"Y/n" Eric taps you on your shoulder, "What did you mean when you said that the Iraqis are the least of our worries?"

"You believe in god?" Jason cuts in, answering for you.

"Absolutely not"

"Well start believing. We are under attack by... I don't know what. You wouldn't believe me even if I tried" he scoffs at himself, "I don't believe it and I was there"

"Monsters" Nick mutters, staring up at the cracks in the ceiling.

Eric steps towards him, "Monsters? Cmon, you're jumping at shadows!"

"Sir, with all due respect-" Kolchek starts, King cutting him off like he did to you.

"Lieutenant! We're trapped down here with an enemy Iraqi. Maybe more. Whatever you think you've seen, it's bullshit!"

"These statues..." Nick starts, you walk over to him, admiring them too.

"Nick! Take a mental picture, and snap the fuck out of it" Kolchek has obviously lost his patience.

"What is this place?" You ask them, hoping Eric would maybe have an idea.

"It's not a silo, that's for sure. This missions a bust" The short tempered man answers.

"I can fix this... the satellite" The blondes voice is filled with hope, "I'll go over data to improve the algorithm, they're clearly teething problems" he looks to you for assurance, you nod and smile.

"Understood, sir" Lieutenant really restrained himself with that one.

"We should move on" you suggest, turning around to face the boys.

The lights cut out.