You're unconscious.

You must have hit your head on something when you dropped.

You can feel yourself breathing.

You can hear your own breathing, yet can't hear anything else.

You try to focus on the parts of your body, attempting to move them.

Your efforts are futile, nothing happens.

Maybe try opening your eyes first?

Nope. Not gonna happen. It feels like they're glued shut.

You give up, succumbing into the laziness, in a way.

You hear a faint, familiar shout, calling out for you.

There it is again.

But it's too late, you've already given in...

Jason's pov

"Nick!" I shout, guiding him to me through the caverns.

"I'm close to you, I'm coming!" I hear him yell back.

"Don't blow your load too fast buddy"

My thoughts drift... I wonder if y/n's here too? Maybe she managed to not fall? Make it away safely...

"Y/n!" I call out for her, "You here too?". Nothing but my echoes.

Guess it's a good sign. Although it would have been nice to still be with her, who knows if I'll ever see her again.

I hear footsteps to my left, raising my light on my gun, I walk over. "That you Nick?"

We both drop the light as we see each others faces.

"Well ain't that somethin' ". We look at the massive hand structure in the corner of the area. "Where on gods green earth have we landed?" I look around, taking the environment in. Maybe there is a silo after all.

"Where's y/n?" Nick asks, "she should be near us, I was close to her when we fell"

"No idea, but we need to get back topside, regroup with the rest of the squad and signal for medivac" I command. "This place is crawling with Iraqis"

"Don't act so nonchalant about her. I see how you look at her" he mentions.

"It's nothing. She's just a new person that I wanna find out more about" I turn away, leaving the sergeant on his own briefly to look around.

A few silent minutes pass, I look to Nick, he's distant. I walk back up to him, his eyes stay glued to the floor.

"Sergeant Kay, pull yourself together! Eyes wide"

His head snaps to me, "I saw something"

"What do you mean?" My eyebrows furrow.

He looks around nervously, "I mean it wasn't human". He makes eye contact with me again, "In the tunnel" he sighs deeply, "Should've never gotten off that helo"

I shake my head, "I fucking knew it. I knew you weren't ready for this"

"I swear to God!"