"I should eat. Also, no kisses and making out till the karva chauth is over" i replied.

"Remember you've been giving me a hard time. The saree just before I go on the trip and today my shirt. You will pay for all of them" he said taking me into a hug. His warm embrace.

"You're so warm ansh" I said tightening the hug.

"And you're always so cold. Just how i like you" he replied hugging me more tight.

"Can we be like this for a few minutes? I missed being in your arms" I asked which he didn't say anything. But the hug tightened.

Has it been 5 minutes? 10? I guess 20?! My legs are starting to ache. But all I care about is his breathing. His scent. His warmth. His hold. His embrace.

"Aishu beta" as soon as I heard, we detached and rudra went inside his closet. And i looked at mala taai on the door.

"Sorry beta. Tumhe rasha mam bula rahe hai" she informed.

"Nahi. Aap sorry mat boliye. Mein bas aahi rahi hu" i replied and started going down with her.

I, Tara di and mom  along with our house helps start cooking the food which we had to consume before the sunrise. I took the food to my room and started eating it. Rudra came out from the closet in his joggers and few droplets falling from his hair.

"Aren't you gonna sleep ansh?" I asked rudra who walked and sat beside me. He looked at all the food items on the table.

Pani puri, chole bhature, vada pav, gulab jamun, aloo ke paranthe, paneer curry, coconut water, and a few dry fruits.

"Itna sab kab khaoge?" He asked eyeing the food.

I glared at him and replied "khaungi. Tumhe kya? Waise ye sargi hai. Mom ne diya hai" I said and started stuffing my mouth.

"I think aise fast foods nahi rakhte na sargi mein? Phir tumhe kaise mile ye sab?" He asked trying to take the gulab jamun which was a little far away. I slapped lightly on his hand and he immediately retreated it back and looked at me in a confusing gaze.

"Aise kya dekh rahe ho? Ye khana mera hai. Agar tumhe chahiye toh tum kitchen mein jaake maango. Mere khana ko touch bhi mat karna. And it's mom who gave it to me. I mean I asked her if I can have Pani puri. She agreed" I replied with my mouth full.

"Acha. Bas aise hi dekh Raha hu. Cute lag rahi ho" he said taking my hair strands back which were disturbing me while I was eating.

It was my plan to watch him while I eat. But now the situation is totally opposite.

I was so immersed in eating that i didn't observe when rudra started feeding me and himself. Every bowl I brought here was totally empty. Thank God I completed eating before sunrise. I'm proud. Hehehe!

I bid bye to rudra and started going down as I need to get my mehndi done. I saw Tara di, siya, mom, vachi, shavi, Hridev and vachi's mom and a few other married women. I greeted shavi and vachi and we began to talk.

"Hridev aaraha hai na?" I asked vachi. She was silent. Before I can ask her more, shavi signed me to not to ask her further questions.

"Aishu, mehndi lagwa le" i heard mom calling me. I went and sat and the mehndi girl started applying mehndi on my hand.

"Zyada kush lag rahe ho. Itna bhi khush mat raho beta. Kya pataa rone lag jaoge?" I heard someone say. I knew who it was. Vachi's mom. Hash started barking at her.  If i wouldn't have stopped him I knew he would've bit her.

"Aishu, come to this side. I'll sit there" Tara di said. She must've heard vachi's mom's words.

"It's okay di. I'm fine" I smiled at her. But my heart betrayed me. My heartbeats fastened with unknown fear. As if something bad is gonna happen. Her words repeated in my head. What if they turn out to be true? It's true that everything has been going fine for a few days.