1

You sigh, looking out your window. You wondered if he'd be busy today.

He was always busy, busy with his volleyball club.

It's been that way since he started middle school.

And you dealt with it. Even though the more he was busy, the more lonely you ended up feeling.

You laid down on your bed, eyed still staring out the window.

"When will he have time for me? I miss him...."

This started years ago, around the time you started middle school.

Your feelings for Sugawara Koushi changed. You began crushing on him. And the crush only grew with time.

His smile, his kindness. You liked it all. And it made you go out of your way to try doing stuff for him.

You'd often cook meals, inviting him over to eat everything you made. You'd stare at him, waiting to hear the compliments he had to give on your food. And it made your heart flutter when he never had a single bad thing to say about it.

One day, he mentioned something that you memorized, keeping it inside your heart.

"You know, Y/n, I really like your cooking. But, I also like sweets. Cookies, especially. Do you think you can bake sometime?"

You blushed, taking his request to heart. "Of course! I'll try my best to bake good cookies!"

He chuckled. "That'll fit you. You're sweet, just like a sugar cookie. Baking will suit you quite well."

"You think so?"

"I know so. I look forward to whatever you make, even if it's not sweet. I just know you'll make the best treats. Your cooking is the best, maybe even better than my mom's. But don't tell her that."

You giggled. "I'll take that to my grave."

Sugawara chuckled. "Thanks. You're the best, Y/n."

You smile at him. "It's nothing. Do you have any plans today?"

"No. I think we can hangout today. What do you say?"

"I'd love to hang out. I think I have some baking supplies at home. Would you mind if I try baking some cookies today?"

He grinned. "I have no problem, as long as I can be the taste tester."

You winked at him. "I think I can agree to those conditions. You're the first person I think of when trying to make something new."

"Really?"

You nod, feeling a little shy all of a sudden. "Yeah. You always give me your honest opinion and seem so happy when I give you something new to try."

"That's because I believe you can do a lot with your cooking. Maybe you could open up a restaurant when we're adults."

You beam at him. "You think so? Like, really think so?"

He nods. "Of course! You're the best cook I know! If anyone deserves to have a place they cook all the time, it's you. Heck, even if you decide on opening a bakery instead, I think that'll work."

You raise a brow at him. "Are you trying to say I belong in the kitchen?"

Sugawara quickly throws his arms into the air, waving his hands in a panicked manner. "Of course not! I'm not trying to be sexist or anything! I'm just trying to say that you're just really good at preparing food!"

You laugh, starting to hold your stomach. "I'm just kidding! I'm messing with you, Koushi!"

He sighs, relaxing a bit. "Jeez, why'd you have to do that? I started feeling really bad, you know. I thought I messed up."

You start taking a deep breaths. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you. Come to my house and I'll make you some cookies."

He perks up slightly. "What kind?"

"I can make chocolate chip and sugar cookies, or at least try to."

Sugawara smiles brightly. "I can't wait!"

You two hurry off to your house, where you begin making cookies. Sugawara waits in your living room, watching volleyball matches in your living room. You carefully follow the recipes in front of you, while also tasting your work to see if the batters could use anything else. In the end, you added a few more sweet spices to the cookies and started baking them in your oven.

You prayed that Sugawara would like the cookies. You worked so hard, and all you wanted was to hear his praise and compliments. When each batch came out the oven, you carefully placed the finished cookies on the cooling rack. You made sure to make even balls of dough on to the baking sheets, constantly repeating the process until you used up all the dough and finished baking the last of the cookies.

You grab a few of the cookies and put them on a plate. You both chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies out to Sugawara. You smile at the boy as you place the plate in front of your good friend.

He smiles, taking a sugar cookie and biting into it. He hums while eating it, a smile spreading large on his face. "Y/n, this is the best cookie I've ever eaten. I think it's my new favorite made by you!"

You smile, happy to have made him happy that day.