Chapter 8

It had been a week since Enola had been captured by Inspector Lestrade and returned to the care of her eldest brother Mycroft Holmes. Tewkesbury and Florence had been on the run since plotting on ways to get her back. 

Step 1: Where?

"I don't remember where he was going to send her, I just remember she didn't want to go" Florence groaned wracking her brain of ideas "Were never going to be able to find her and finish this terrible business"

Tewkesbury paused his pacing "What did you just say?"

"We're never going to be able to finish-" she recounted only to be cut off. "That's it. Finishing School. Enola's brother took her to Miss Harrison's Finishing School." Tewkesbury remembered.

Florence cheered, they now knew where she was they just had to get their and make the plan. "Tewkesbury you're a genius"

Step 2: How?

It was Florence who came up with the idea of how to get in to the School.  She just needed to gather a few things. Rose petals, a porter's jacket and an incredibly large basket. 

"You're sure this will work?" Tewkesbury asked. "Yes" Florence reassured him, she paused "Well I think so" she winced "Probably"

Step 3: Put Plan "Save Enola Holmes" Into Action. 

"Delivery from Ferndell Hall. Care of Mr. Mycroft Holmes." the Porter said wheeling a large present to on of the matrons of Miss Harrisons. It was delivered to Enola Holmes's room. 

"What does he want?" Enola snarled like a lion in captivity. The matron shrugged "Well...whatever it is, it's heavy."

After the door was shut and locked Enola looked at the basket. "What on earth does Mycroft want?" she muttered. She turned it around and gave it a firm kick. "Ow!" the basket complained with a rustle. Enola jumped back in surprise only to hear a "Shh"

Curiously Enola opened the basket to see "Tewkesbury!" and "Florence!" they smiled at her. 

"Surprise!" Florence said a happy smile on her face. Enola was ecstatic she jumped into the basket and hugged them "Whoa! You're supposed to be helping us out, not getting in with me." Tewkesbury joked. 

"How did you find me?" Enola asked as they brushed a dozen rose petals off their clothes and hair. "Well, you said you didn't want to come to Miss Harrison's Finishing School for Young Ladies. I have quite the prodigious memory when I choose to use it." Tewkesbury bragged. 

"It was amazing Enola. He figured out where you were" Florence smiled. "Well I wouldn't have been able to do it without your help, Florence." he admitted shyly "I mean you came up with our way in"

"Speaking of ways in," Enola elongated "How are we going to get out?" she gestured to the locked door. Florence simply shrugged and pulled a pin loose form her hair. Strolling over to the lock she carefully inserted her pin and fiddled momentarily until there was a light click sound. 

Tewkesbury and Enola stared at each other as Florence pinned her hair back up "So I thought we'd go out the same way we came in."

Enola and Florence climbed into the basket. "Wait what about Tewkesbury?" Enola asked worriedly. He explained that he was going to pretend to be the porter delivering a package "I even wore my most porter-ish coat."

"That's an excellent idea Florence" Enola congratulated proudly. 

Tewkesbury wheeled them through the school and they were about to go through the door when they came to a sudden stop. 

"Stop there. Who are you? Have you permission to be in this school?" Miss Harrison interrogated Tewkesbury. 

"Um...I was just delivering a package, miss. Um, to the headmistress. Could you please direct me to her office?" Tewkesbury asked stuttering, slightly nervous. 

Standing a little straighter the woman replied "I am the headmistress of the school." Tewkesbury's eyes widened as he nodded "Well, then, um, this is for you."

"Well, open it up. Let me see what's inside." she ordered. 

"Oh, I can't, miss." he paused trying to think of an excuse "I was given express instructions that this be opened in private." Miss Harrison shook her head in disbelieve "Oh, how ridiculous."

"By my employer, miss." he explained. "And who might that be?" the old woman demanded to know. Thinking of the first name that came to mind ,he said "Mycroft Holmes."

The woman's demeanour changed drastically, almost like a lovesick girls as she asked "Mycroft Holmes...?" without another glance at Tewkesbury she yelled "Girls...Would you just take this parcel into my office that I might open it later? No dilly-dallying."

Some girls began dragging the parcel away to Miss Harrison's office with Enola and Florence inside. Tewkesbury gazed at the basket as it disappeared "So, what are you waiting for? A tip? Go on, begone." Miss Harrison ushered him away despite his protests. 

As quickly as they had arrived in the office they had escaped. Enola had the brilliant idea of stealing Miss Harrisons automobile.

Florence got on next to an anxious Tewkesbury "Can you actually drive this?" he asked hopefully. Unreassuringly Enola said "I know the basic rudiments." she started the vehicle and instantly nearly crashed. 

"My automobile!" the woman exclaimed running outside. But it was already too late Enola had began driving whilst Tewkesbury shouted directions "Left, right, watch out, Enola!" she trampled a small bush. 

Tewkesbury looked at the poor thing and muttered "Oh, no! The bush!" a small yet comforting pat to the shoulder made him turn round as Enola cheered "Whoo-hoo!"

She suddenly covered her mouth, "Sorry" instead of accepting Florence smirked and yelled even louder "Whoo-hoo!" Enola began laughing so hard she forgot to focus on the road. "Enola!" Florence yelled as she drove through Miss Harrison's school sign.