Chapter 6

After only a few days of living in London with Tewkesbury, Florence found herself enjoying his company. Every morning was the same ,she would wake up and make a breakfast and then read a book for half an hour or so until Tewkesbury was ready to leave for the flower market. 

Some days she would follow him and help run his little flower stand, on other days she would just wonder about town buying groceries or trying on beautiful dresses. Whilst Florence did love all the shops she enjoyed going with Tewkesbury to the flower market. 

Everything was so bright and fun and friendly. There were vibrant blues, pinks and yellows organised in perfect bouquets. Florence had been getting ideas of flowers for the arrangements and bouquets at her and Tewkesbury's wedding.

She only had to wait 1 Week and 5 Days ,then Tewkesbury would fulfil his promise to her and she would become the new Viscountess of Basilweather. 

It was on this particular day that Florence had joined Tewkesbury at the market. They were just reorganising the stock when they heard a voice neither could forget for entirely different reasons. "I want four yellow flowers, two blue, and a red one. I don't care about the breed. Any flower will do."

Spinning around feverishly Florence saw an elegant looking Enola Holmes, her her was appropriately curled and her dress was a luscious shade of pink. She could see Tewkesbury smiling "What are you doing here?" he asked. 

Ignoring his question she answered with her own "Why, if you're passionate about flowers, would you come to London?"

"Because I can be lost here." he told her. She let out a little laugh "And yet I found you." Both curious and agitated at Enola's sudden appearance Florence asked "And why have you done so?" 

Florence noticed the smile on Tewskesbury's fall "You're here for the money." he stuttered about to run "They've offered a reward." Enola's eyes lit up as she mused "Have they? I didn't know." she suddenly stepped forward and grabbed his arms "Well, I must tie you up and claim it!"

He practically jumped out of his skin causing Florence to let out a stifled giggle as Tewkesbury exclaimed "Stars and garters, are you really so ridiculous?" 

"I find that I am repeating myself Enola Holmes but what are you doing here?" Florence asked. 

"I've come here because I've grown to like you two more in your absence, and because, as it turns out, his life is still in danger." she made a pointed gesture to Tewkesbury. "What's made you like me more?" Tewkesbury perked up. Florence glared at him. "Really?"

"That is your question? Not "Who is trying to kill me?" " she asked absolutely disgusted, Tewkesbury picked up a pink flower that matched Enola's dress and he offered it to her with a bow and a shrug. 

A small smile was on both of their faces as Enola told him "I found your flower pressings. They were quite beautiful. I don't give a fig about flowers, of course."

"That's because you're ignorant." Tewkesbury told her. Enola stepped back and even Florence looked at her fiancé in surprise. "Ignorant? How dare you?"

He continued none the less with a bemused smirk "Ignorant and wilfully so." Enola sighed and gave a pitying look to Florence "I still can't believe you're having to marry this stupid boy."

Tewkesbury puffed up his chest dramatically "I'm not a boy. I'm a man." Florence smiled and looked at him admirably "Of course Tewkesbury." 

"No don't tell him he's right. You're a woman. He's a man when you tell him he's a man. You rely to heavily on men." Enola lectured. Florence was speechless, she had never though about going against a gentlemen's judgement before.

Tewkesbury leaned in to Enola making both girls breath stop short. Florence could feel herself disappearing as he whispered "I've missed you, Enola Holmes." never had Florence felt such an ache in her heart than she did then. It felt like someone had tightened her corset so tight, she couldn't even breath let alone think.

"I wanted to miss you," she ushered back before glancing briefly to Florence who had an indifferent look on her face which contrasted the rollercoaster of turmoil inside. Tewkesbury and Enola separated swiftly "but I kept getting dragged back towards you. Now, come on. We're in serious danger, if you didn't know."

Tewkesbury and Florence hurriedly followed Enola as she led them through the town. No one made eye contact or spoke. Florence couldn't believe what she had been witnessing. 

What would have happened if she hadn't have come to the market today?

Would Tewkesbury or Enola have collected her to make sure she was safe?

Or would they have left her to be alone together?

Why couldn't Tewkesbury look at her the way he looked at Enola? With so much Respect, Admiration and....Love?

Florence could do nothing to soften the jealousy pouring out of her heart, because while she wished to be in a good marriage, she also wished for the one thing she had never received in her life. 

Unconditional Love.