Chapter 2

Floyd and Branch were living with their grandmother RosiePuff. A few years ago creatures called the bergens found the trolls and created the tradition called Trollstice, which was a tradition of eating trolls. Floyd was playing his guitar, Grandma RosiePuff was doing laundry, and Branch was playing. While he was playing he started to sing Total Eclipse of the Heart. Then a bergen came towards him.

"Branch look out!" RosiePuff shouted and started to run towards him.

Branch stopped singing and saw the bergen. RosiePuff pushed Branch away from the bergen and Floyd pulled Branch in with his hair. The bergen took RosiePuff instead of Branch.

"No!" Floyd and Branch said.

Branch only had Floyd to take care of him.

"This is all my fault," Branch said.

"No it's not," Floyd said.

A year later after their grandmother passed Floyd and Branch had to rely on each other. They were sitting in the pod when they heard something at the door.

"Bergens?" Branch asked scared.

"Get behind me," Floyd said.

It wasn't a bergen it was their older brother Clay. He came back thinking about what he did years ago.

"Clay?" Floyd said.

"Yeah it's me," Clay said, "Look I'm sorry for leaving you guys years ago. I was just so..."

Floyd gave him a hug.

"It's okay," Floyd said, "I get it."

Branch gave Clay a hug too.

"I forgive you," Branch said.

"I missed you guys," Clay said.

"Missed you too," Floyd said.

"Where's grandma?" Clay asked.

"She got eaten by a bergen," Floyd said.

"What?" Clay said.

"It's my fault," Branch said.

"I'm sure that it's not your fault," Clay said.

Branch gave his two older brothers a hug glad that two of his brothers were back.