Chapter 3:Silver tree

"Hey, wake up!" yelled Arcus. "Yeah, yeah, just give me 5 more minutes," Yuki whined. Risi flew up to Arcus' side and said, "Don't worry, he's always been like that." Risi giggled, accompanied by the sighing of Arcus.

"Go sleep more; me and Risi will just hunt hogs." "Okay," "ugh, there's no helping this guy; come one, Risi, let's go.".

"The forest seems calm; that's always a great sign." They walked through the quiet woods. "Wait, Arcus, look over there!" Risi and Arcus turned their heads to the thing that Risi was pointing at. That tree seems strange. "I've never seen a tree made out of silver." Risi and Arcus looked at each other and continued to walk towards the tree.

They're eyeing the mysterious tree; the branches have grown in an abnormal way. The leaves are paved with lilac and dark green gems.

"What is that?" Arcus pointed at a single pale blue sapphire. "It looks so out of place," Risi and Arcus said, getting close to the gemstone.

Arcus tried to touch the sapphire.Wait, "Arcus!"

The branch moved and grabbed both of them; it wrapped around their legs and arms, with the large branch circled around their waist.

"Don't move!"

In a second, they float on the air and slowly come down to the floor. Yuki butches the whole tree down, destroying it to pieces.

"Arcus, are you okay? Hurt?" "No-no, I'm fine." "Hey, I'm literally your heart; why don't you care about me?" Risi said angerely.

"Now what was that?" "Ah, be careful "around those trees; they're dangerous," Yuki commented. "Yeah, but what are they? ""We don't have that much information on them; they just started appearing when the emperor disappeared."

"The emperor again," Arcus said in his mind.

Arcus drank his bottle, and they started walking again. "They are called 'beastras'; they emit an underworldly aura. I personally think they have a master, but, eh, I don't want to get too deep about them." "That's kind of scary," Arcus said while shaking. "Don't worry, they're pretty easy to defeat; just destroy the tree with a shot or target their roots," advised Yuki.

"Thank you again." "Just be careful next time~" Arcus shook her head.

"The city is near; we should be there in a minute," Risi informed them.

After some time, they reached the city. People are scattered everywhere; many dogs bark, and babies are crying. The group is roaming around the city for food and supplies.

"Yuki, we'll just go and buy arrows and weapons," Arcus yelled as he walked through a store.

"Look, this is pretty!" "Risi, we want durable and sharp weapons, not for their aesthetic!" "Ugh, you're right; oh, look, that one looks good!" Observing the weapons in the store, Arcus picked a dagger and some arrows.

"Just this?" "Yeah, that's all." They bought their things and met up with Yuki again.

They sat in a restaurant, eating their lunch. Risi is devouring her ramen while Yuki and Arcus chat.

"This is good, Yuki. I didn't know you had such good taste." "Is that a backhanded compliment?"

Yuki cleared his throat. "Arcus, last night, did you hear something?" "Hmm?" "Maybe a voice, or wailing?" Yuki questioned. Arcus' eyes widen. "No. Why?" "Nothing; I just wanted to know," Yuki said calmly while poking his food.

"Why did he know?" Arcus thought.

"Waiter, the dessert, please!" "Okay, boss!" The waiter served the food to them. Each of them is munching on their dessert. "Hm?" Arcus is looking at his sundae; something is forming in the milk.

'The Jester'.